Re: Baker Family Info Request

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      Rick,
      I will add you to my address book. Right now I'm leaning toward my Bakers
      originating in Greene County and moving to Pitt County. My ggrandfather
      William Baker married Mary Lula Tyson of Greene County in 1886 in Beaver
      Damm, Pitt County. I now believe that they could BOTH have been from Greene
      County, but for some reason settled in Pitt. The Tyson family William Baker
      married into was from Speight Ferry Bridge Township in Greene County. I see
      several Baker families listed in the 1870 Greene County census for Speight
      Ferry Bridge Township. I even see a William Baker, who I think was an older
      man than my ggrandfather but who may be a relative, perhaps his father or
      his grandfather. MY William Baker married in 1886 and died in 1888 but
      fathered my grandfather Willie/William Baker in 1888. I believe he died
      before my grandfather was born. My grandfather was an only child. William
      Baker who died in 1888 had a sister named Mae Baker, but I have been unable
      to find a family that lists her. She died young and never married. There
      were probably other siblings, my aunt says at least a brother. If I do not
      find answers in Greene County, I will move to other counties nearby. I'll
      keep you in mind.

      From: "Rick Roberson/Raleigh/IBM" <rickrob@...>
      To: paulabaker69@...
      Subject: Baker Family Info Request
      Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:43:45 -0400

      Hi Paula,
      I have several Bakers in my family tree and was wondering how far back your
      info goes
      if we are related.
      Mainly interested in the parents of my Great Great Great Grandfather's
      Wife, Nancy Ann Baker.
      My G-G-G-Grandfather's name was "Elder" Henry Roberson ( he was a primitive
      baptist minister).
      One of his children, my G-G-Grandfather, is Henry Baker Roberson.

      Nancy Ann Baker's parents were James Abraham Baker and Absilla Jane
      Trotman.
      Actually, 2 sisters married 2 brothers, and perhaps 3 sisters married 3
      brothers....
      Nancy Ann Baker's sister, Elizabeth Caroline Baker married her husband's
      brother, Charles Roberson.
      Also, have been told that another one of the brothers, Collins, married
      Polly Baker, but I'm less sure of this marriage info and Polly's
      relationship to Nancy and Elizabeth.
      I have Nancy Baker both born and married in Gates County, NC. The
      Roberson's in that timeframe lived in southern most
      Martin county in the Tranter's Creek area....very near the Pitt Co. line.
      Nancy Baker born Nov 29, 1791. Died Sept 4, 1874 in Martin Co.

      Please let me know if you are interested in any info on Martin Co.
      Roberson's...the ones mentioned in this note or otherwise.
      Thanks!!!

      Rick

      Rick Roberson
      Senior Marketing Manager,
      e-business Service Providers & Emerging Markets
      IBM Corporation
      Research Triangle Park , NC
      (919) 486 - 0886 T/L 526-0886
      Fax: (919) 543-4610
      email: rickrob@...

      ---------------------- Forwarded by Rick Roberson/Raleigh/IBM on 10/02/2000
      12:23 PM ---------------------------

      genpcfr@egroups.com on 10/02/2000 06:01:22 AM

      Please respond to genpcfr@egroups.com

      To: genpcfr@egroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [genpcfr] Digest Number 162

      Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS

      Mark your calendar's for PCFR's 4th Annual Meeting and REUNION 6th & 7th
      Oct 2000. See:
      http://www.FamilyReunion.com/cgi/calendar.cgi?ref=email&keywords=jewelle@...

      There are 3 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Stocks/Tripp family
      From: "Roger E. Kammerer" <kammerer@...>
      2. Greene County Census Index
      From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>
      3. Re: Greene County Census Index
      From: LdMel1@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 14:52:59 GMT
      From: "Roger E. Kammerer" <kammerer@...>
      Subject: Stocks/Tripp family

      I was asked about the Stocks/Tripp family

      Alfred Stocks, d. before 1850; m. Timmy Patrick, b. 1805, d. after 1870,
      dau. of Joshua Patrick and Timma Tyson. In 1850, Timma was in Griffin's
      Dist., Pitt Co., beside John Stocks and Sarah Brewer. In 1860, she was
      listed in Greenville P. O. District. In 1870, she was living with her
      grandson, Tillman R. Stocks.
      Children:
      1. Martha J. Stocks, b. ca. 1828; not in home in 1860.

      2. Sarah C./Alvania? Stocks, b. ca. 1830; m. Reading/Redding B. Tripp, b.
      1830, d. 1917, son of Benjamin F. Tripp and Jutry Cannon. In 1860, they
      were
      in Greenville P. O. District, Pitt Co.

      3. Tilman R. Stocks, b. ca. 1832

      4. Mary Ann Stocks, b. ca. 1835

      5. Alvania Stocks, b. ca. 1842, d. by 1878; m. on Feb. 19, 1871 in Pitt
      Co.
      to Redding/Reading B. Tripp, b. May 11, 1830, d. June 15, 1917; son of
      Benjamin F. Tripp and Jutry Cannon. Reading B. Tripp m.3) on Jan. 31, 1878
      in Contentnea Twsp., Pitt Co. to Sarah Ben Britton, b. Feb. 25, 1842, d.
      Aug. 24, 1905. He served in the Civil War. They lived in the Reedy Branch
      area, near Winterville; buried Reedy Branch Churchyard.

      I hope this helps, Roger Kammerer

      http://profiles.msn.com

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 20:20:01 CDT
      From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>
      Subject: Greene County Census Index

      My ancestors traveled back and forth between Pitt and Greene County. Does
      anyone in this group have a census index for Greene County for 1860 or 1870
      and if so, would you list the Bakers and page nos. for me?

      Thanks,

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

      http://profiles.msn.com

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 02:32:25 EDT
      From: LdMel1@...
      Subject: Re: Greene County Census Index

      I have 1860 Greene Census and will post for you tomorrow.
      Linda Melvin