- I was asked about the Stocks/Tripp family
Alfred Stocks, d. before 1850; m. Timmy Patrick, b. 1805, d. after 1870,
dau. of Joshua Patrick and Timma Tyson. In 1850, Timma was in Griffin�s
Dist., Pitt Co., beside John Stocks and Sarah Brewer. In 1860, she was
listed in Greenville P. O. District. In 1870, she was living with her
grandson, Tillman R. Stocks.
1. Martha J. Stocks, b. ca. 1828; not in home in 1860.
2. Sarah C./Alvania? Stocks, b. ca. 1830; m. Reading/Redding B. Tripp, b.
1830, d. 1917, son of Benjamin F. Tripp and Jutry Cannon. In 1860, they were
in Greenville P. O. District, Pitt Co.
3. Tilman R. Stocks, b. ca. 1832
4. Mary Ann Stocks, b. ca. 1835
5. Alvania Stocks, b. ca. 1842, d. by 1878; m. on Feb. 19, 1871 in Pitt Co.
to Redding/Reading B. Tripp, b. May 11, 1830, d. June 15, 1917; son of
Benjamin F. Tripp and Jutry Cannon. Reading B. Tripp m.3) on Jan. 31, 1878
in Contentnea Twsp., Pitt Co. to Sarah Ben Britton, b. Feb. 25, 1842, d.
Aug. 24, 1905. He served in the Civil War. They lived in the Reedy Branch
area, near Winterville; buried Reedy Branch Churchyard.
I hope this helps, Roger Kammerer
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at