Re: [genpcfr] Re: Baker Scan for Paula. . . Question re Reubin Manning

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2000
      Modified Register for Reubin MANNING

      First Generation

      1. Reubin MANNING was born about 1773 in Martin County, NC. He died 16 Jul
      1831 in Martin County, NC.

      I'm sending you this, BUT...

      This is the line that I'm descended from, but there is another line, several
      in fact, and one that contains a Reubin born in Pitt County.

      But you are looking for a Sallie or a Sarah, aren't you?

      Paula Anne

      Reubin married Sarah "Sallie" STATION, daughter of Jesse STATON and Rebecca
      EVERETT.

      They had the following children:

      + 2 M i. Ashley MANNING was born 1802.

      3 M ii. Thomas MANNING.

      4 M iii. Richard MANNING.

      5 M iv. Reubin MANNING Jr..

      6 F v. Nancy MANNING.

      7 F vi. Louisa MANNING.

      From: epit637350@...
      To: genpcfr@egroups.com
      Subject: [genpcfr] Re: Baker Scan for Paula. . . Question re Reubin Manning
      Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:07:14 EDT

      I reviewed your information. I was not able to connect to any Bakers. One
      name did catch my eye "Reubin Manning".

      Sixth Generation
      48. Reubin MANNING was born about 1773 in Martin County, NC. He died 16
      Jul 1831 in Martin County, NC. Reubin married Sarah "Sallie" STATION.
      49. Sarah "Sallie" STATION.

      I have been researching two brothers Elisha and Jabez Manning. The 1850
      Census for Pitt County shows the following:
      Family No. 218
      Manning Elisha 35 NC Laborer
      Meeks Martha A. 25 NC
      Green 4 NC
      Samuel 3 NC
      Joshua 2 NC
      Drucilla 1 NC
      Sally 80 NC
      The following are my notes regarding Elisha:
      Elisha MANNING (b. abt. 1815) married Martha A. MEEKS (b. abt. 1825). They
      had the following children: 1) Green MANNING (b. abt. 1846), 2) Samuel
      MANNING (b. abt. 1847), 3) Joshua MANNING (b. abt. 1848), 4) Drucilla
      MANNING (b. abt. 1849, 5) Alfred MANNING (b. 10/16/1854), married Clemmie
      Elizabeth HARRIS (b. 2/8/1867, d. 12/14/1944) daughter of Guilford HARRIS
      (b.
      abt. 1836, d. 10/18/1912 in Pitt County, N.C.) and Arcinae Ann MCLAWHORN (b.
      5/15/1837, d. 9/24/1886 in Pitt County, N. C.) they had three children
      Carrie MANNING (b. 2/1890), Lee MANNING (b. 9/1895), and Hubert MANNING (b.
      5/1898) and 6) Matthew MANNING (b. 4/20/1856).
      Prepared by: Sue DAIL Pittman "For Information Only -- Not Proven"

      I have been showing "Sally - age 80" as the mother of Elisha.
      MY QUESTIONS ARE "DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HER HUSBAND WAS REUBIN MANNING". IS
      THIS THE SAME SALLY LISTED BY PAULA?

      Thanks for your help.
      Sue Dail Pittman
      Surnames: Manning, Dail, Harris, Bowden, Braxton, Lewis, Mills, and one
      Parker

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2000
        ID: I09021
        Name: Jabez (J.B.) MANNING
        Sex: M
        The following is from Rootsweb, from Linda Harris' work. She's in our
        group.

        BID: I09021
        Name: Jabez (J.B.) MANNING
        Sex: M
        Birth: 1809 in NC
        Baptism: Submitted
        CONF: Submitted

        Father: MANNING
        Mother: Sarah b: 1770 in NC

        Marriage 1 Nancy BOWDEN b: 1814
        Children
        James MANNING b: 1834 in Pitt Co., NC
        Nancy MANNING b: 1839 in Pitt Co., NC
        Arsena MANNING b: 1841 in Pitt Co., NC
        William MANNING b: 1843 in Pitt Co., NC
        Sarah MANNING b: 1845 in Pitt Co., NC
        Henry D. MANNING b: 1846 in Pitt Co., NC
        John B. MANNING b: 1848 in Pitt Co., NC
        MANNING b: 1850 in Pitt Co., NC

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2000
          I have a Jabez Manning. His son was Charlie Manning who married Lula
          Simpkins.
          Louise Nichols, Champion
        • epit637350@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8, 2000
            Thanks for checking Paula . . . it sure would have been nice to connect. . .
            I'll just keep on looking. . .

            Also, thanks for the information from Linda Harris. I love visiting her
            "Diggin for Roots" site. Linda and I connect through our "Bowden" line. She
            and I both descend through Susan Bowden. Susan was married four times. I
            descend through her first husband "John Davis". Linda descends through her
            husband "Nehemiah Garris". Linda has been a great resource. Recently, when
            I visited her site, I saw where she has a picture of Susan Bowden.

            Thanks again for your help.
            Sue Dail Pittman
            Surnames: Dail, Manning, Harris, Mills, Bowden, Braxton, and one Parker