[genpcfr] Anyone live in Grifton?

  • Martha Marble
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 1998
      Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
      resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.

      Thanks

      Martha

      Martha Mewborn Marble

      NCGenWeb Lenoir County ARCHIVES
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/lenoir.htm

      NCGenWeb Lenoir County Genealogy
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~nclenoir/

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 1998
        Martha... I have a copying machine... will they bring it to me (hopefully)
        or will I have to go 'fetch' it???
        Jewelle
        Main Surnames:
        BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
        McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
        Visit PCFR website:
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html

        At 09:51 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
        >Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
        >resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Martha
        >
        >Martha Mewborn Marble
        >
        >NCGenWeb Lenoir County ARCHIVES
        >http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/lenoir.htm
        >
        >NCGenWeb Lenoir County Genealogy
        >http://www.rootsweb.com/~nclenoir/

        >Leave the web behind and enter the magic world of Disney
        >Loads of games, activities, and all your favorite characters in one place
        >http://ads.egroups.com/click/133/4
        >
        >Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

      • Martha Marble
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 3, 1998
          Jewel,

          Don't know. Have not talked to the woman in 10 years - assume she is still
          alive. The Bible is the Lemuel Hardy Mewborn Jr. Bible and it is in the
          possession of Thomas Worthington Gower in Grifton. His wife is the one to
          talk with, Lynn. Just never seem to have time when down there to go to
          Grifton.

          Would you mind seeing if they are listed in the phone book in Grifton and
          call and ask her if arrangements can be made to copy the Bible for the
          Mewborn Collection? Just see what she says and take it from there.

          Thanks

          Martha

          At 01:43 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
          >Martha... I have a copying machine... will they bring it to me (hopefully)
          >or will I have to go 'fetch' it???
          > Jewelle
          >Main Surnames:
          >BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
          >McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
          >Visit PCFR website:
          >http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html
          >

          >At 09:51 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
          >>Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
          >>resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.
          >>
          >>Thanks
          >>
          >>Martha
          >>___________________________________________________________________
          >>
          >>Martha Mewborn Marble
          >>
          >>NCGenWeb Lenoir County ARCHIVES
          >>http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/lenoir.htm
          >>
          >>NCGenWeb Lenoir County Genealogy
          >>http://www.rootsweb.com/~nclenoir/

          >>Leave the web behind and enter the magic world of Disney
          >>Loads of games, activities, and all your favorite characters in one place
          >>http://ads.egroups.com/click/133/4
          >>
          >>Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

          >Dry, Cracked or Irritated Hands?
          >Try natural skin care from the hive. Discover it today!
          >http://offers.egroups.com/click/159/0
          >
          >Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

          Martha Mewborn Marble

          NCGenWeb Lenoir County ARCHIVES
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/lenoir.htm

          NCGenWeb Lenoir County Genealogy
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~nclenoir/

        • Janice Gurganus
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 3, 1998
            Martha,

            Lynn Gower's sister died of a heart attack this week. She is an aunt of my
            sister-in-law.

            Janice

          • Martha Marble
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 3, 1998
              Janice,

              Appreciate that information - not a good time to contact her. Who is the
              aunt - Lynn or her sister? JEWEL - just want to make sure you see this.

              Janice, postman just brought the Quarterly you mailed first class. sure
              appreciate it. If the other one ever shows up will let you know.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 12, 1998
                Martha... I believe there was a death in the family... but now... do you
                still need this?
                Jewelle
                Main Surnames:
                BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
                Visit PCFR Website:
                http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908

                At 01:43 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
                >Martha... I have a copying machine... will they bring it to me (hopefully)
                >or will I have to go 'fetch' it???
                > Jewelle
                <snip>

                >At 09:51 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
                >>Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
                >>resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.
                >>
                >>Thanks
                >>
                >>Martha

              • Martha Marble
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 12, 1998
                  Jewelle,

                  Yes, but let's wait until after Christmas, given the time of year and her
                  circumstances.

                  Many thanks

                  Martha

                  At 04:42 PM 12/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
                  >Martha... I believe there was a death in the family... but now... do you
                  >still need this?
                  > Jewelle
                  >Main Surnames:
                  >BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                  >McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
                  >Visit PCFR Website:
                  >http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908
                  >
                  >At 01:43 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
                  >>Martha... I have a copying machine... will they bring it to me (hopefully)
                  >>or will I have to go 'fetch' it???
                  >> Jewelle
                  > <snip>
                  >>
                  >>At 09:51 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
                  >>>Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
                  >>>resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.
                  >>>
                  >>>Thanks
                  >>>
                  >>>Martha

                  >Don't lose your email when you move, change jobs, or switch ISP's.
                  >Click here to get free and permanent email from NET@DDRESS!
                  >http://ads.egroups.com/click/155/1
                  >
                  >Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

                  Martha Mewborn Marble

                  NCGenWeb Lenoir County ARCHIVES
                  http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/lenoir.htm

                  NCGenWeb Lenoir County Genealogy
                  http://www.rootsweb.com/~nclenoir/

                  NCGenWEB Greene County Genealogy
                  http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncgreene/index.html

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 12, 1998
                    Martha... again ... cyberspace ...
                    Thomas Worthington Gower
                    714 W. Queen
                    Grifton 252-524-5573

                    Yes... I'll wait until after the holidays and then make contact.
                    G'nite again...
                    Jewelle

                    >From: Martha Marble <mmarble@...>
                    >At 08:21 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
                    >
                    >Jewel,
                    >
                    >Don't know. Have not talked to the woman in 10 years - assume she is still
                    >alive. The Bible is the Lemuel Hardy Mewborn Jr. Bible and it is in the
                    >possession of Thomas Worthington Gower in Grifton. His wife is the one to
                    >talk with, Lynn. Just never seem to have time when down there to go to
                    >Grifton.
                    >
                    >Would you mind seeing if they are listed in the phone book in Grifton and
                    >call and ask her if arrangements can be made to copy the Bible for the
                    >Mewborn Collection? Just see what she says and take it from there.
                    >
                    >Thanks
                    >
                    >Martha
                    >
                    >At 01:43 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
                    >>Martha... I have a copying machine... will they bring it to me (hopefully)
                    >>or will I have to go 'fetch' it???
                    >> Jewelle
                    >>Main Surnames:
                    >>BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                    >>McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
                    >>Visit PCFR website:
                    >>http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html
                    >>

                    >>At 09:51 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
                    >>>Any of our members live in Grifton? I need to get a Bible copied that
                    >>>resides in Grifton. Provided the owner will agree, of course.
                    >>>
                    >>>Thanks
                    >>>
                    >>>Martha
                    >>>_____________________________________________________

                  • Janice TRIPP Gurganus
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 11, 1999
                      Martha,

                      Do you still need someone to copy the bible in Grifton for you? Have you
                      spoken with anyone in the family in reference to copying it, or would it be
                      a 'cold call'? I'll be glad to help if I can.

                      Janice

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 12, 1999
                        Janice,

                        Have not called her since her sister died but guess it is time. Will call,
                        if I don't forget on Sun and see what she says.

                      • martingen@hotmail.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 16, 1999
                          Martha,

                          I live in Grifton and the name Cannon jumped out at me on your post, and the fact that there was a death in the family prior to Christmas. It wouldn't happen to be "Doris Jackson" who died would it? She was my great-aunt - my grandmother's sister. We were very close. If in fact this is the same Cannon family - let me know, and I can get in touch with Glenda Kay Cannon - my cousin.

                          Marcia Stocks
                          marciastocks@...

                          Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/genpcfr/?start=755

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 16, 1999
                            Marcia,

                            The Cannon name was under Jewell's surname list although I do research
                            EARLY Cannons. I don't know the name of the person who died but don't think
                            it was a Cannon.

                            Martha

                            >I live in Grifton and the name Cannon jumped out at me on your post, and
                            the fact that there was a death in the family prior to Christmas. It
                            wouldn't happen to be "Doris Jackson" who died would it? She was my
                            great-aunt - my grandmother's sister. We were very close. If in fact this
                            is the same Cannon family - let me know, and I can get in touch with Glenda
                            Kay Cannon - my cousin.

                            >Marcia Stocks
                            >marciastocks@...

                          • Linda Harris
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 18, 1999
                              Marcia,

                              interested in some info on your cannon family. particually if from the
                              souther part of pitt/craven
                              Linda F. Harris
                              lfh@...
                              770 578 0105
                              researching: garris, bergernon, lang, cannon, wilson, roundtree, andrews,
                              wallace, keel, lanier