Alpheus Stokes

  • Ted Roberson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2000
      Has anyone any info on an Alpheus STOKES in the Belvoir area of Pitt
      County, near Conetoe Creek? In 1869, John L. ROBERSON/ROBINSON sold
      three plots and all three were described as having been listed in the
      division of land for an Alpheus STOKES. John sold a plot each to his
      sons, William L. and Howell R. ROBERSON and the third plot to Midian
      WINDHAM, who I believe was the sister of his wife, Lydia WINDHAM.

      I am curious as to the relationship with my John ROBERSON and Alpheus
      STOKES, if any and how he came to own the three plots. In the 1850
      Pitt Co. census, John is listed in Stancill's District, household
      #239, and the next house #240 has a Mary S. STOKES, age 65, living
      there. She may or may not be connected to Alpheus STOKES. Maybe there
      is a family connection or maybe not, but I would like to see if this
      might lead somewhere.

      Thanks,
      Ted Roberson

      Main Surname: ROBERSON/ROBINSON
      Others:STANCILL,BULLOCK,JONES,WINDHAM,HOLLAND