Re: [genpcfr] Re: Tripp-Jolly

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
      We compared all the records that we could find, and many people contributed
      versions which varied widely. Like in any compilation, we eventually picked
      the dates that appeared most reasonable. This discrepancy could also be a
      typographical error (89 vs 98 transposition error), but there's no way for
      me to go back thru the notes to discover which is closer to the truth. The
      typo, if that's what it is, could have originated in the Bible transcript
      done by J. L. Jackson back in the 1940s (his typing was less than sterling),
      or it could have been my error in re-typing it. My best advice is to take
      any/all dates in any compilation with a grain of salt!

      Betsy Ross