Re: [genpcfr] Cox family

  • pierce3369@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi Marilyn,
      I didn't see the marriage notices. I'm not sure what "Pitt Chat" is. Is
      it a chat room? I was in a group that discussed genealogy and dropped
      out--maybe that is it and I should reconsider.
      I'm not very familiar with Martin Co. and I don't think I need anything
      there. Thanks for asking.
      Take care.
      Sammy
    • rlcapps
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
        Hi Sammy,

        that's what we ended up calling it...

        Xrds@egroups.com

        that's the one with Ann Galas....

        Marilyn
      • Martha Marble
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
          I ran a search on it in the search engine and it is posted as Hill/Cameron
          but it has the Kennedy/Cox information.

          Martha

        • Jo Prytherch
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
            I have the book, but I have been so engrossed in Ayers, Robersons
            and Woolards that I have not read the Wynns. Guess it's time!

            Love,
            Jo
          • rlcapps
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
              Jo,

              I told you a long time ago that we were related, like I was told my grandmother's great-nephew, David Lawrence Hughes,
              every family seems to have married into the Wynn Family of Cross Roads. So
              start your reading under section #1115, then work from there. I am trying my darnest to find out who Captain George
              Wynn's father was....and where he was born..some say Chowan/Bertie Co. some reports say Isle of Wight Co. some list
              his father as John Wynns of VA and then some say Watkin William Wynns of Bertie....hope to get it cleared up real
              soon... if you find anything positive let me know.

              Cousin Marilyn

              RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/RIDDICK/WYNN
            • rlcapps
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                Jo,

                Another interesting fact regarding the Wynns and related families..

                In Martin Co. Book read section: 60 - Daniel Biggs Family..Section 61 that is where the Biggs and Mobley's come into
                the Wynn side along with the Beach Family. Eason Biggs is my great-grandfather. His wife Eliza Bateman, brings the
                Ayers and Bateman Family into the fold.

                Under Section:Clark Family: First,Second and Third Generations: Was turned down for the DAR because of Tamar Ward's
                pension against John Clark...there was some mix-up with their marriage/her birth/and birth of their first son...Let me
                know what you think of these histories...

                You will see that thru the Wynn Family that there are numerous other families. This is where I am going crazy, trying
                to find proof of all of these written words.

              • champ96001@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                  Someone posted that he had lost his mail because it disappears after 3 days.
                  At the top of the screen click on Mail Center and go to READ OFFLINE MAIL and
                  then click on INCOMING/SAVED MAIL. That will show you any mail that you have
                  ever received. COPIES OF MAIL SENT will show you every e-mail you have sent.

                  Louise