Re: [genpcfr] Cox family

  • Mark Catt
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2000
      Edith, I would love to know more about what you have.
      I'm totally stumped. How do I go about checking the
      Cox Family History? I live in Crawford Co and I'm not
      familiar with the History of Crawford Co book you
      mentioned. Does it go into much detail on the Coxes?
      Any information you can share will be appreciated.

      --- Edith Cox <edieanne@...> wrote:

      > there was a large Cox
      > family in southwestern Wayne County from 1755 on.
      > They were Quakers and a
      > contingency of this family left North Carolina and
      > migrated into Illinois
      > and Indiana, which were free states, in the early
      > 1800's. Mention of their
      > trip is found in HISTORY OF CRAWFORD COUNTY,
      > ILLINOIS by Nathan Musgrave and
      > in Judith Cox Whipple's A COX FAMILY HISTORY, 1989.
      > My research does not tie
      > the Wayne County Coxes to the Pitt County family. I
      > will be happy to share.
      > edieanne@...
      > Edith Cox

      =====
      So long,

      Mark

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • pierce3369@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
        Hi Marilyn,
        I didn't see the marriage notices. I'm not sure what "Pitt Chat" is. Is
        it a chat room? I was in a group that discussed genealogy and dropped
        out--maybe that is it and I should reconsider.
        I'm not very familiar with Martin Co. and I don't think I need anything
        there. Thanks for asking.
        Take care.
        Sammy
      • rlcapps
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
          Hi Sammy,

          that's what we ended up calling it...

          Xrds@egroups.com

          that's the one with Ann Galas....

          Marilyn
        • Martha Marble
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
            I ran a search on it in the search engine and it is posted as Hill/Cameron
            but it has the Kennedy/Cox information.

            Martha

          • Jo Prytherch
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
              I have the book, but I have been so engrossed in Ayers, Robersons
              and Woolards that I have not read the Wynns. Guess it's time!

              Love,
              Jo
            • rlcapps
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                Jo,

                I told you a long time ago that we were related, like I was told my grandmother's great-nephew, David Lawrence Hughes,
                every family seems to have married into the Wynn Family of Cross Roads. So
                start your reading under section #1115, then work from there. I am trying my darnest to find out who Captain George
                Wynn's father was....and where he was born..some say Chowan/Bertie Co. some reports say Isle of Wight Co. some list
                his father as John Wynns of VA and then some say Watkin William Wynns of Bertie....hope to get it cleared up real
                soon... if you find anything positive let me know.

                Cousin Marilyn

                RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/RIDDICK/WYNN
              • rlcapps
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                  Jo,

                  Another interesting fact regarding the Wynns and related families..

                  In Martin Co. Book read section: 60 - Daniel Biggs Family..Section 61 that is where the Biggs and Mobley's come into
                  the Wynn side along with the Beach Family. Eason Biggs is my great-grandfather. His wife Eliza Bateman, brings the
                  Ayers and Bateman Family into the fold.

                  Under Section:Clark Family: First,Second and Third Generations: Was turned down for the DAR because of Tamar Ward's
                  pension against John Clark...there was some mix-up with their marriage/her birth/and birth of their first son...Let me
                  know what you think of these histories...

                  You will see that thru the Wynn Family that there are numerous other families. This is where I am going crazy, trying
                  to find proof of all of these written words.

                • champ96001@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                    Someone posted that he had lost his mail because it disappears after 3 days.
                    At the top of the screen click on Mail Center and go to READ OFFLINE MAIL and
                    then click on INCOMING/SAVED MAIL. That will show you any mail that you have
                    ever received. COPIES OF MAIL SENT will show you every e-mail you have sent.

                    Louise