Re: [genpcfr] Wynns

  • rlcapps
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2000
      Hi Jo,  if they are from Martin Co. then they are related to my mama's people...her grandmother was Charlotte Helen Wynn - her daddy was John called Jack Wynn...and they all descended from Captain George Wynn.   So we are cousins.....do you have the Martin Co. Book...if so the whole history of almost every Wynn is in that book.

      Marilyn

      Jo Prytherch wrote:

      Marilyn, I have learned that three of my grandfather's sisters
      married Wynns of Martin County.  Bettie Roberson b 1870 m
      Joseph Hyman Wynn b 1877.  Nancy Roberson b 1857 m Robert
      A. Wynn b 1851.  Alice Roberson b 1878 m John Henry Wynn b
      1877.  Are any of these Wynns your relatives?

      Jo ROBERSON Prytherch

      http://click.egroups.com/1/4634/9/_/9468/_/962585597/

      Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website.  Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
            http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

      Mark your calendar's for PCFR's 4th Annual Meeting and REUNION 6th & 7th Oct 2000.  See:
      http://www.FamilyReunion.com/cgi/calendar.cgi?ref=email&keywords=jewelle@...

    • Mark Catt
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2000
        Thanks Jewelle, but I don't believe she's the right
        Penelope. Mine moved to Crawford Co, Il and died
        here. Thanks anyway.

        --- Jewelle Baker <jewelle@...> wrote:
        > At 10:17 PM 7/1/00 -0700, you wrote:
        > >From: Mark Catt <markdcatt@...>
        > >I have a Penelope E. Cox b.1825 in NC, mother Sally
        > >___? b 1790 NC. Penelope married a Crouch, then
        > Jacob
        > >Faith in 1846 in Crawford Co, IL. I don't know
        > what
        > >county, but I've noticed some of the Pitt Co people
        > >list Cox as one of the family names they are
        > >researching, so I'll give it a shot. Do these
        > names
        > >look familiar to anyone?
        > >
        > >=====
        > >So long,
        > >
        > >Mark
        >
        > Hello Mark,
        > One of my GGrandfather, Ameriah Biggs COX,
        > sisters was Penelope
        > 'Pennie' COX, b.1 March 1824 d.2 April 1891, dau. of
        > Joseph COX and Nancy
        > HANCOCK. She m. G. Bryan Ellis and they had 10
        > children.
        > Does any of that sound familiar? I don't
        > have a record of her
        > marrying a CROUCH or FAITH.
        > Jewelle
        >
        > Main SURNAMES:
        > BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
        > McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE
        >
        > Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
        > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

        =====
        So long,

        Mark

        http://invites.yahoo.com/
      • Mark Catt
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2000
          Martha, I tried accessing the Kennedy/Cox Bible and I
          couldn't find it.

          =====
          So long,

          Mark

          http://invites.yahoo.com/
        • Mark Catt
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2000
            Edith, I would love to know more about what you have.
            I'm totally stumped. How do I go about checking the
            Cox Family History? I live in Crawford Co and I'm not
            familiar with the History of Crawford Co book you
            mentioned. Does it go into much detail on the Coxes?
            Any information you can share will be appreciated.

            --- Edith Cox <edieanne@...> wrote:

            > there was a large Cox
            > family in southwestern Wayne County from 1755 on.
            > They were Quakers and a
            > contingency of this family left North Carolina and
            > migrated into Illinois
            > and Indiana, which were free states, in the early
            > 1800's. Mention of their
            > trip is found in HISTORY OF CRAWFORD COUNTY,
            > ILLINOIS by Nathan Musgrave and
            > in Judith Cox Whipple's A COX FAMILY HISTORY, 1989.
            > My research does not tie
            > the Wayne County Coxes to the Pitt County family. I
            > will be happy to share.
            > edieanne@...
            > Edith Cox

            =====
            So long,

            Mark

            http://invites.yahoo.com/
          • pierce3369@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
              Hi Marilyn,
              I didn't see the marriage notices. I'm not sure what "Pitt Chat" is. Is
              it a chat room? I was in a group that discussed genealogy and dropped
              out--maybe that is it and I should reconsider.
              I'm not very familiar with Martin Co. and I don't think I need anything
              there. Thanks for asking.
              Take care.
              Sammy
            • rlcapps
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                Hi Sammy,

                that's what we ended up calling it...

                Xrds@egroups.com

                that's the one with Ann Galas....

                Marilyn
              • Martha Marble
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                  I ran a search on it in the search engine and it is posted as Hill/Cameron
                  but it has the Kennedy/Cox information.

                  Martha

                • Jo Prytherch
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                    I have the book, but I have been so engrossed in Ayers, Robersons
                    and Woolards that I have not read the Wynns. Guess it's time!

                    Love,
                    Jo
                  • rlcapps
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                      Jo,

                      I told you a long time ago that we were related, like I was told my grandmother's great-nephew, David Lawrence Hughes,
                      every family seems to have married into the Wynn Family of Cross Roads. So
                      start your reading under section #1115, then work from there. I am trying my darnest to find out who Captain George
                      Wynn's father was....and where he was born..some say Chowan/Bertie Co. some reports say Isle of Wight Co. some list
                      his father as John Wynns of VA and then some say Watkin William Wynns of Bertie....hope to get it cleared up real
                      soon... if you find anything positive let me know.

                      Cousin Marilyn

                      RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/RIDDICK/WYNN
                    • rlcapps
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                        Jo,

                        Another interesting fact regarding the Wynns and related families..

                        In Martin Co. Book read section: 60 - Daniel Biggs Family..Section 61 that is where the Biggs and Mobley's come into
                        the Wynn side along with the Beach Family. Eason Biggs is my great-grandfather. His wife Eliza Bateman, brings the
                        Ayers and Bateman Family into the fold.

                        Under Section:Clark Family: First,Second and Third Generations: Was turned down for the DAR because of Tamar Ward's
                        pension against John Clark...there was some mix-up with their marriage/her birth/and birth of their first son...Let me
                        know what you think of these histories...

                        You will see that thru the Wynn Family that there are numerous other families. This is where I am going crazy, trying
                        to find proof of all of these written words.

                      • champ96001@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 3, 2000
                          Someone posted that he had lost his mail because it disappears after 3 days.
                          At the top of the screen click on Mail Center and go to READ OFFLINE MAIL and
                          then click on INCOMING/SAVED MAIL. That will show you any mail that you have
                          ever received. COPIES OF MAIL SENT will show you every e-mail you have sent.

                          Louise