Tripp-Jolly

  • jollyson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2000
      I am looking for information on Celia Tripp b. abt.1860, F. Joshua Tripp M. Nancy she married Titus Jolly in Pitt Co. in 1884.
      Gray Jolly
      Main Surnames: Jolly,Mumford,Stocks,Hart,Gardner,Garris and Cannon
    • Elizabeth Ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
        In a nutshell, several generations for Celia Tripp Jolly--pretty much
        verified and/or verifiable, and extracted from the book DESC. OF JOSHUA
        TUCKER by Eliz. Ross and Roger Kammerer, 1994:

        Celia E. Winifred Tripp (Feb. 14, 1860-Jan. 29, 1929) md. Titus Elias Jolly
        (May 14, 1853-Jan. 3, 1934), son of Thomas Jolly and 2nd wife Rebecca Hart.

        Celia's parents:
        Joshua C. Tripp (Dec. 16, 1828-May 19, 1908) md. (1st wife) Nancy Smith
        (Dec. 18, 1836-May 31, 1873), dau. of Henry Bryant Smith (Nov. 8, 1802-Sept.
        8, 1870, son of Lazarus Smith and Louvenia _____) and Celia Tucker (July 14,
        1814-May 5, 1866, dau. of Benjamin Tucker and Clara Ewell). [Note: Benj.
        Tucker was son of Keeley Tucker and Susanna Brown; Clara was dau. of James
        Ewell and Christiana _______.]

        Joshua's parents:
        Benjamin F. Tripp (ca 1798-ca 1869) md. Jutry Cannon (Aug. 15, 1789-ca 1873,
        dau. of Thomas Cannon and Elizabeth or Mary? Stocks?)

        Benjamin's parents:
        Probably Othaniel (Nile) Tripp (son of an early Caleb Tripp) and Miss _____
        Hardee?

        This should give you a solid basis for further research. Hope it helps,
        Betsy Ross