Roberson of Pitt Co.

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2000
      I am new to the list but I have been researching my Pitt Co.
      connections for several years.

      My ggggrandfather:
      John L. ROBERSON b. abt 1818 and d. abt Feb.1871, parents unknown
      md. Lydia A. WINDHAM, b. abt 1818 and d. abt Mar 1889. Lydia was the
      daughter of Howell and Sarah/Sarow WINDHAM. Other siblings of Lydia
      were Midian, John, and Ivey WINDHAM.
      Children:
      Howell Robert, b. 1845 , md.(1)Pauline CHERRY, (2)Ann MAYO
      William L., b. Dec 18,1846 and d. Dec 23, 1917, md. Susan WINDHAM on
      Dec 6 1901. She was first married to a John D. WILLOUGHBY
      John A., b. 1849, md. ? Whitehurst
      Margaret A., b. 1852, md. John H. LAWRENCE
      Susan A., b. 1854, md. STANCIL
      Enoch Thadius, b. 1856 and d. Feb 26 1927, md. Ella V. STANCIL
      Moses Augustus (my gggrandfather) b. Sep 5 1858 and d. Sep 8 1923
      md. Martha Josephine STANCIL, dau. of Theophilus STANCIL and Martha
      JOHNSTON. Martha Johsephine and Ella were sisters.
      Daisy Ann, b. 1861, md. Lamb BURNETTE
      Mary Caroline, b. 1864, md. Dempsey Julius HOLLAND
      Thomas E., b. 1865 and d. Feb 11 1925, md. Allie JOYNER
      John D., b. 1869

      my gggrandfather:
      Moses Augustus ROBERSON/ROBINSON
      md, Martha Josephine STANCIL
      children:
      Dora, b. Mar 1884, md. Ashley G. McLAWHORN
      Ira Lee (ggrandfather), b. Mar 1886 and d. Apr 4 1943, md Allie
      BULLOCK, dau. of Jesse B. BULLOCK and Nancy THOMAS
      Pearl,b. Nov 21 1888 and d. May 28 1925, md. Noah VAINWRIGHT
      Martha, b. Mar 1890 and md. A.F. FLEMING
      John Augustus, b. Sep 1891 and d. May 23 1937, md. Gladys KEEL

      Other families I am searching are STANCIL/STANCILL (through the
      Godfrey STANCIL and Dorcas JONES marriage), BULLOCK, JONES, WINDHAM.

      Several of my Roberson/Robinson ancestors are buried in the Godfrey
      STANCIL cemetary in Belvoir. Moses and Martha Josephine, Enoch T. and
      Ella, Ira Lee and Allie are all buried there. I haven't been there in
      years but all graves were marked except for Ira and Allie's.

      I am interested in finding out any info on any of these families and
      will share all that I have found so far.

      Thanks
      Ted Roberson
      main surname: ROBERSON/ROBINSON
      others: STANCIL,BULLOCK,JONES,DERBY,WINDHAM