Re: [genpcfr] Gov Caswell

  • Jim Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2000
      Good ... Go for it.  Jim
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 5:16 AM
      Subject: Re: [genpcfr] Gov Caswell

      Hi Jim
      Strong evidence-a map, a description of his burial ceremony, news articles, to name a few..point to his burial site at the Caswell Memorial in Kinston, NC., next to his daughter's grave. The expense involved would entail excavation of that one small area of the cemetery. I wouldn't think it would be prohibitive with today's technology. I don't know where the other governors of North Carolina are buried, but Caswell, as the first governor, a Major General in the Revolutionary War, and one who was relected to 6 separate terms, is particularly important. Sort of NC's George Washington.
      Clair