Meek/Meeks

  • sue hall mills
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2000
      I am posting the following information in hopes that it will help someone.  There are several people on the list that asked for this information.  I took this info out of an old Bible that belonged to the family of my mother-in-law and did not get date of Bible, etc.,  This was many years ago.

      Family Record of James S. Meek
      Births:
      James Steel Meek was born March 20, 1785
      Martha Meek was born December 28, 1787
      James H. Meek was born December 18, 1809
      A.C. Meek was born June 14, 1812
      John D. Meek was born October 9, 1814
      Sara L. Meek was born April 5, 1818
      Martha Meek was born April 2, 1828
      Daniel Alexander Meek was born August 13, 1830
      William Rufus Meek was born September 12 (19) 1832

      Deaths

      James Steel Meek died October 11, 1864
      Martha Meek died October 22, 1860
      Adam Caswell Meek died August 18, 1897
      John Douglas Meek died January 30, 1844

      James Steel Meek and Martha Douglas married October 8, 1808

      There is quite a bit more dates, etc., on this Meek and Douglas family if anyone is interested.

      Sue