GIDEON ALLEN CEMETERY

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 5:32 PM
      The original site of the Gideon Allen cemetery was on US 264 Alternate,
      about one mile east of Marlboro. Roger Kammerer and I surveyed it
      several years ago. The site was about 200 yards east of Marlboro FWB
      Church on the south side of the road. It was about 200 yrds from the
      highway. The stones must have been moved in the last few years. I noted
      the last time I was in the area that group of trees had been cleared
      out. I mention this because it would give you an idea of where the
      family may have lived since the cemetery was there. The stones are in
      the Joyner cemetery just west of Marlboro (Farmville).