Causey

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2000
      Pitt 1815 Tax List...only John Causway was found showing ownership of
      288 acres at $2.50@ for total value of $720.00.
      Lill Jackson Grave Sites has the Causey-Dudley Family
      Riley Causey d. 10-26-1886 Age 86 Years
      This cemetery is on PCFR Website Lill Jackson Grave Records Page 105.
      This cemetery is close to Craven County line, so you may have tosearch
      in Carven for the Causeys. Some are buried at Riverside Church in
      Craven.
    • KYamada187@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 22, 2001
        Bill, have been searching for the Lill Jackson Grave Site on the PCFR
        Website, but no luck. Went to Craven County Site to look for
        gravesites, but also no luck. Could you direct me where to do my
        searching more specifically? Thanks..
        Mary

        --- In genpcncfir@y..., Bill Kittrell <wbk99@e...> wrote:
        > Pitt 1815 Tax List...only John Causway was found showing ownership
        of
        > 288 acres at $2.50@ for total value of $720.00.
        > Lill Jackson Grave Sites has the Causey-Dudley Family
        > Riley Causey d. 10-26-1886 Age 86 Years
        > This cemetery is on PCFR Website Lill Jackson Grave Records Page
        105.
        > This cemetery is close to Craven County line, so you may have
        tosearch
        > in Carven for the Causeys. Some are buried at Riverside Church in
        > Craven.
      • Nancy L. Pittman
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 22, 2001
          Lill Jackson cemetery can be found at this web address:
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/pjacksonCems.htm

          Once you are on the web page...at the extreme top left corner of your web
          browser page...click on Edit. Scroll down and click on Find (on this
          page). Type in the name you are looking for and it will take you to the
          exact location of that particular name, within the cemetery listings. You
          can use this method of searching on any website.
        • Gloria Taylor
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2001
            Mary,
            Archibald Dudley and Annie Pate are among ones I am researching. Wonder if there is a relationship?
            Gloria

            Researching in Pitt Co: Nelson, Laughinghouse, Brown, Pate etc.

            >Bill, have been searching for the Lill Jackson Grave Site on the PCFR
            >Website, but no luck. Went to Craven County Site to look for
            >gravesites, but also no luck. Could you direct me where to do my
            >searching more specifically? Thanks..
            >Mary
            >
            >--- In genpcncfir@y..., Bill Kittrell <wbk99@e...> wrote:
            > > Pitt 1815 Tax List...only John Causway was found showing ownership
            >of
            > > 288 acres at $2.50@ for total value of $720.00.
            > > Lill Jackson Grave Sites has the Causey-Dudley Family
            > > Riley Causey d. 10-26-1886 Age 86 Years
            > > This cemetery is on PCFR Website Lill Jackson Grave Records Page
            >105.
            > > This cemetery is close to Craven County line, so you may have
            >tosearch
            > > in Carven for the Causeys. Some are buried at Riverside Church in
            > > Craven.

            Hello Mary....
            Below is the listing for the CAUSEY-DUDLEY information you
            need. Scroll down to the very bottom of J.L. JACKSON's list.... I think
            it's about the 10th or 11th from the end. Hope this helps. I'm sending a
            Cc to Bill should he have more to add to help you.

            CAUSEY AND DUDLEY GRAVEYARD
            Near Craven County line west of Swift Creek

            George L. Causey, son of J. L. and L. Causey, Oct. 10, 1875 - Oct. 2, 1888
            Maude, daughter of J. L. and L. Causey, Jan. 19, 1877 - Feb. 22, 1877
            Twins, son of J. L. and L. Causey, Feb. 14, 1895 - Feb. 19, 1898 [?]
            Riley Causey, died Oct. 26, 1886 aged 86 years
            Sarah Causey, Aug. 25, 1843 - Mar. 2, 1882
            Philetus Causey, Apr. 20, 1853 - 1877
            Nancy, wife of E. Dudley, 1791 - Aug. 20, 1881
            John B., son of A. and A. Dudley, Dec. 25, 1841 - Jan. 12, 1886
            Archibald Dudley, July 9, 1824 - May 23, 1888
            Annie E. Pate, wife of Archibald Dudley, June 21, 1842 - Feb. 29, 1924

            PCFR WebSite:
            http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/pjacksonCems.htm

            Wish you success in your research! Keep us posted!! :)

            Jewelle

            jewelle@...
            Main Surnames:
            BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
            McGLAWHORN (all sp), WINGATE, +++

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research.

          • KYamada187@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2003
              CRAVEN COUNTY, NC - COURT - New Bern District Court Records Dobbs Co. and
              others, part24, 1804 ----¤¤¤----New Bern District Court
              RecordsDSCR 206.326.5

              Folder: 1804Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Hardy
              BURNEY. Includes 64 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804Date: 27 Jan
              1804Date of: Charge madeCounty: Not givenFolder: 1804Information: State vs.
              Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Shadrack BURNEY. Includes 60 miles
              travel. Refers to January term, 1804Date: 26 Jan 1804Date of: Charge
              madeCounty: Not givenFolder: 1804Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY:
              Witness charge for Samuel KITE, junr. Includes 60 miles travel. Refers to
              January term, 1804Date: 26 Jan 1804Date of: Charge madeCounty: Not
              givenFolder: 1804Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for
              Henry KITE. Includes 60 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804Date: 26
              Jan 1804Date of: Charge madeCounty: Not givenFolder: 1804Information: State
              vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Joseph SMITH. Includes 66 miles
              travel. Refers to January term, 1804Date: 26 Jan 1804Date of: Charge
              madeCounty: Not givenFolder: 1804Information: Calculation of court costs in
              case against Greenbury CAUSEY & others. Witnesses: Shadrack BURNEY, Samuel
              KITE, junr., Joseph SMITH, Henry KITE, Hardy BURNEY.Date: Not givenDate of:
              County: Not givenFolder: 1804Information: Arrest warrant for Greenbury
              CAUSEY, Samuel KITE, and Allen SMITH for a riot.Date: 15 Jan 1803Date of:
              WarrantCounty: PittFolder: 1804Information: Summons for Shade ALLEN, Samuel
              KITE,, Shade BURNEY, & Henry KITE to appear and testify on behalf of
              Greenbury CAUSEY & others.Date: 15 Jan 1803Date of: WarrantCounty:
              PittFolder: 1804Information: Summons for Joseph SMITH, Abraham SMITH, senr., &
              Samuel KITE, junr. to appear and testify against Greenbury CAUSEY &
              others.Date: 15 Jul 1803Date of: SummonsCounty: PittFolder: 1804Information:
              Summons for Hardy BURNEY to appear and testify on behalf of Samuel COYT,
              Allen SMITH, & Greenbury CAUSEY.Date: 25 Jany 1804Date of: SummonsCounty:
              CravenFolder: 1804Information: Summons for Amos STOCKS to appear and testify
              on behalf of Greenberry CAUSEY & others.Date: 15 Jul 1803 Date of:
              SummonsCounty: PittFolder: 1804Information: Appearance bond for Allen SMITH
              with Alen CANON & Shadrack BURNEY to appear and answer a charge against him.
              Date: 6 Mar 1803Date of: BondCounty: PittFolder: 1804Information: Summons
              for Levin ROSS and Mary ROSS to appear and testify against Greenberry CAUSEY &
              others.Date: 15 Jan 1803Date of: SummonsCounty: PittFolder:
              1804Information: Appearance bond for Greenbury CAUSEY to appear and answer a
              charge against him. [Bondsmen are not named in the bond. Signed by "Alna"
              CANNON & Hardy [X] BYRNEY-sbg].Date: 16 June ____Date of: BondCounty:
              PittFolder: 1804Information: Appearance bond for Samuel KIGHT to appear and
              answer a charge against him. [Bondsmen are not named in the bond. Signed by
              John [X] KIGHT and James WALLACE-sbg].Date: 16 June ____Date of: BondCounty:
              PittFolder: 1804Information: Indictment of Greenbury CAUSEY yeoman, Samuel
              KIGHT planter, and Allen SMITH yeoman for riotously assembling and entering
              the dwelling of John ROSS and Mary his wife and assaulting them.Date: 10 Dec
              1802/Jan term 1803Date of: Event/IndictmentCounty: Pitt

              I was delighted to find this information in Google.com yesterday; haven't
              seen it in the genpcncfin group yet. I have no comments on my illustrious
              ancestor's behavior such ask was it a woman or was he drunk? The interesting
              part of this whole thing is the great number of highly familiar surnames that
              became involved in this mishap: SMITH, CANNON, BURNEY, KIGH (KITE?), STOCKS,
              COYT, WALLACE and ROSS, most of whom appear plenty ticked off. I've long
              thought Greenberry's wife was a SMITH, in one of the censuses Greenberry
              lived next to Joseph SMITH, and across the Swift Creek area from Isaac
              Stocks. Brenda, do I have that right? Any interpretations,
              anyone...creative or analytical...all comments welcome.

              Mary Causey Yamada

            • woofer95828
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2003
                Not sure if I answered this one; forgive me if I haven't and forgive
                me if I have because I don't want to offend anyone. I'm looking for
                Greenberry Causey and children; came across some interesting files
                that I did post a few months ago and then again further back. The
                names appearing in these files involve so many of the early Pitt
                County residents; most of the researchers in our group are
                researching these very names, and because we are all so interlinked,
                I'm hopeful someone will have a lead somewhere.

                414. Willis Wilson, Hutson Causway and Berry Causway, all mentioned
                on Turkey Knot Swamp, 1836 [HH, p. 20/21] (from Roger's Deed Notes)

                655. All related: John W. Stephenson, Thomas W. Stephenson, Hardy
                Stephenson, Wm. F. Stephenson, John Causey & wife Elizabeth, Wm.
                Lewis & wife Aseneth, and John Tye (Tyer?) & wife Mary; Feb. 15, 1838
                [II,p. 37]

                1344. All related: Thomas W. Stephenson, Hardy Stephenson, Wm. F.
                Stephenson, John R. Causey & wife Elisabeth, Wm. Lewis & wife
                Arsenah, John Tyre & wife Mary, and John W. Stephenson; 1838 [LL, p.
                337?]

                1830. Heirs of W. Stephenson: Wm. Lewis, John R. Causey, and Wm. F.
                Stephenson, all of Georgia, Stewart and Randolph Co. [NN, p. 87]

                Date: 26 Jan 1804
                Date of: Charge made
                County: Not given

                Folder: 1804
                Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Samuel
                Date: 26 Jan 1804
                Date of: Charge made
                County: Not given

                Folder: 1804
                Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Henry
                Date: 26 Jan 1804
                Date of: Charge made
                County: Not given

                Folder: 1804
                Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Joseph
                SMITH.
                Includes 66 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804

                Date: 6 Mar 1803
                Date of: Bond
                County: Pitt

                Folder: 1804
                Information: Summons for Levin ROSS and Mary ROSS to appear and

                Date: 16 June ____
                Date of: Bond
                County: Pitt

                Folder: 1804
                Information: Appearance bond for Samuel KIGHT to appear and answer a
                charge
                against him. [Bondsmen are not named in the bond. Signed by John [X]
                KIGHT and
                James WALLACE-sbg].

                Date: 10 Dec 1802/Jan term 1803
                Date of: Event/Indictment