TISON: William Henry H., Born-Alabama, Died-Mississippi

  • jbarton851@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000
      Dear Tyson Researchers:

      Several months ago I collected several items on a Tison that died in
      Mississippi about 1882. He was known as Col. William Henry Haywood Tison.
      However, I have not been able to tie him into our Tyson/Tison line.

      My first clue about this line was found in Goodspeed, Mississippi,
      published 1891, which stated in part:
      "Col. William Henry Haywood Tison of Baldwyn, Miss, the subject of this
      sketch, was born in Jackson County, Ala. November 6, 1822. He was the son of
      Richard and Nancy Tison, natives of North Carolina, who first emigrated to
      Georgia, thense to Tennessee, thense to Alabama, and finally to
      Mississippi........the father was a soldier in the War of 1812; he died March
      15, 1872"

      I have several other pieces of data about this family, but none of it
      has been entered into my Tyson database because I cannot tie the father,
      Richard Tison, to our North Carolina family.

      In many early records, the name was spelled either Tyson or Tison. They
      are the same family lines. I would appreciate any help or clues to identify
      this Tison family.

      Jerry Tyson Barton
      209 Southcross
      Georgetown, TX 78628-3026
      jbarton851@...

      Primary Surnames: BARTON, GRIFFITH, TYSON, RAWLS