Cemeteries, marriages, links

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000
      Hello all,

      After recovering over 3500 files from my crashed disk, have finally been
      able to make a dent in the backlog of updates and resources on some
      websites. Some files didn't make it, so if I'm missing anything you've
      generously sent, please re-send. For instance, Martha M. sent a link to Tull
      website, and John Cannon provided the url to his personal website--both of
      those seem to have gone missing. Bill B., your files were among the
      "recovered" -- hallelujah!

      Meanwhile, some new stuff if available at pcfr: Cemetery records by John
      Grimes, Bill Kittrell, and one from me; a compiled listing of marriage bonds
      that have been published in the PCGQ over the years (see Resources); new
      links in nearly all categories; also some updated web addresses--personal
      sites, ALHN, Wilson Co., etc.-- (see Related Links). Summarized under
      "What's New".

      Some of the existing links which haven't moved, have updated themselves, in
      or surrounding Pitt County. Be sure to re-visit the linked sites
      often--nothing stays the same on the WWW!

      For instance:

      The Pitt Co. NCGenWeb site co-cordinator, Lori Tworek.
      The Craven Co. NCGenWeb site co-cordinator, Tracy Putnam--she's also assumed
      the ALHN NC page.
      The Wilson Co. NCGenWeb site a new site and coordinator, Hunter Ferrell.
      The North Carolina Genealogy Society has a new address:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncgs/

      Links to these, and other resource sites, are in place. Please help me keep
      them up to date by pointing out obsolete links, or reporting new ones!

      PS: This just in from NCGenWeb: Bath Co. NCGenWeb has moved to:
      http://www.usgennet.org/~ncbath/
      ...and has 2 new co-cordinators: Terria W. Baynor and BJ Roundtree

      Betsy Ross