Corbitt and mail lists

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2000
      Anne,

      The genpcfr mail list is focused on Pitt County, rather than on any one
      family. The list manager is Jewelle Baker, but you can read/search our
      archived messages without subscribing. I'm posting this message to the list
      where our Corbett/Corbitt researchers can see it, and you can subscribe to
      it by following the directions on the website--go to:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/pcfrmaillist.htm

      I am aware of specific surname boards and lists:

      Mail list: Corbitt
      Search its archives: (enter Corbitt, or any other surname you're hunting)
      http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
      --and put the word subscribe in the message, and nothing else--no signature
      line, no subject line.)

      Bulletin Boards: Corbet, Corbett, Corbitt (3 different ones):
      Search for them at: (enter surname you're hunting)
      http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/indx/FamAssoc.html

      Another bulletin board for each surname is found at:
      http://www.genforum.com/

      To PCFR folks--can anyone pinpoint Meredith Corbitt and his wife Elizabeth
      Smith for Anne? They moved to Tennessee, probably in the early 1800s.

      Happy hunting!
      Betsy Ross