Pitt Marriage Bonds

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 4:06 AM
      Hello listers,

      Recent conversation on the NCPITT list prompted me to finish the webpage of
      marriage bonds and get it uploaded. The listing is a compilation of all the
      marriage bonds (dating before the court house fire of 1858) which have been
      found in private collections and published in the Pitt Co. Genea. Quarterly
      over the years. The bulk of the bonds were contributed by Brenda D. Stocks,
      and she can't be thanked enough for donating the originals to the NC
      Archives. We're still combing private collections for more! Thanks to all
      who have lent their efforts.

      Go to:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/resources.htm

      ...for the new link, and other resources on line.

      A few links on the Related Links page have also been added or updated.

      Betsy Ross
      webmaster, pcfr