[genpcfr] EARLY TULL WILL

  • Martha Marble
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2000
      For those of you with a Tull line. As all of you know, it takes awhile to
      get used to the handwriting and wording in each state and county. Needless
      to say, Somerset Co, Md is not my forte.

      Martha

      WILL OF THOMAS TULL

      Prerogative Court, Wills, State of Maryland, Liber 16 pp 117-118, microfilm
      roll 4410, SR 3316

      In The (sic) of God amen Feb:y of 14 Day in the year of our Lord God on
      thousand Seven hundred eighteen of Thos Tull Senr of Sommerset County in ye
      province of Maryland being in perfect Health and Considering the frailty
      of Mankind ? : it is appointed for all men once to Dye & after Death to
      Come to Judgment & bring willing to Lette my worldly affairs & Doe make and
      ordain this my Last will and testament revoking & Disanulling & making void
      all other wills & testaments by me hereto made & done & Doo make and ordain
      this my Last will and Testament Having & Commend my Soul into the hands of
      God y agree?? ?? we hopeing to have the same again at ye General
      Resureition of ye Dead of Desier ye ??? my body may be buried By my
      Executorix hereafter named & as for my worldly goods It hath plased
      almight God for above my Debts ?? to Bestow on me all my worldly Debts
      being paid of ?? and Bequeath as followeth …..

      Impress I Give and Bequeath unto my beloved Son Thoms. Tull five Hundred
      pound of Tobacco to him and his heirs ----

      Item I Give and Bequeath my beloved Son John Tull fifty acres of marsh
      being part of two hundred acres Called ?ointer & next to moon Bay to him
      and his heirs---

      Item I give & Bequeath unto William ye Son of Ann Cox one Hundred and fifty
      acres of marsh being part of two hundred acres of marsh called Winter Range
      - also one feather bed & furniter & Likewise all ye cattle - Hoggs & sheep
      ye Are now on Shall be on my plantation of ye following mark Viz a Crop and
      ye Left ear with two slits & a poplar leaf on ye right and also a mare two
      heifers & thice Crop to him ye Said William & his heirs ---

      Item I Give and Bequeath to my beloved wife Ann Tull ??? & Doe also make
      my ??? and Sole Executrix of this my Last will & Testament all ye Lestt of
      my Estate personal and Real to her ownself & ? During her Life & after her
      Decease to fall to aforesaid son William & his heirs Testimoney hereto I
      have hereunto to Set my hand & Seal of ye Day and year first writen ---

      Signed Sealed Delivered and (Signed) Thoms. Tull Seal
      Acknowledged in presence of

      Henry Miles
      Richd. Hall
      Margaret (x) Goldsmith
      Robt. Woods

      Somerset Court ?? This Day viz y 28 Day of June 1720 Come before us Henry
      Miles, Richd. Hall and Margaret Goldsmith in their proper persons and made
      oath upon the Holy Evangelist that they Saw the Testator sign and Declare
      ye within Judgement as his Last will and Testament and tht he published ??
      and Declared the same Soe to be and that at ?? of his So Doeing he was of
      Sound & perfect mind and Memory to the best of there Knowledge.

      Testes

      Saml. Hopkins Deputy Clerk?

      WILL OF SARAH TULL

      Prerogative Court - Wills - State of Maryland - Liber 19 pp 390 - 394 -
      Microfilm Roll 4413 - SR 4413

      In the Name of God Amen, this 26 Day of November in the year of our Lord
      God one thousand Seven hundred & twenty Sevon I Sarah Tull of Somersett
      County and Province of Maryland relict of Thos. Tull late of the same
      County & province deceased being Sick and weak in Body but of perfect &
      sound mind & memory blessed to God & being Sensible it is appointed for all
      men here to die & after Death to Come to Judgment & being willing to Settle
      my worldly affairs & Dispose of that part of this worldy Estate who with it
      hath pleased almighty God for above imp ? to endure ? me too dispose hereby
      being in manner & form following……

      Imp I commend my Immortal Soul unto the ? Hands of Almighty God & my
      mortal Body to he Earth to be decently buried at the decrition of my
      Executor hereafter mentioned

      Item I will all my eartlly Debts Justly due to any person or persons from
      me to be honorably paid & discharged

      Item I give & bequeath unto my Son Thomas Tull & to his helrs & assignes
      for Ever my Negro man called Quamins provided he takes care of his two
      Brothers Wm & Isaac & his two youngest Sisters, Esther & Grace till they
      Come to Age also one parcel of land on Marsh which John Tull Conveyed to me
      Excepting my privilege of nine head of cattle to my Son Saml if ??? I also
      desire of my Son Tho has the privilege & use of the Ceatures will ?? such
      to me as just of my Children come to age provide he give my Son Wm one
      years Schooling & my Son Isaac two years Schooling provided he ? have an
      opportunity without being Obligated to board them

      Item I give and bequeath unto my son Wm Tull one Negro Girle Called Dedo &
      her increase to him & his heirs & assigns for Ever and Also his part of his
      fathers Estate as Also three pewter Dishes six pewter plates & also one
      Iron pot & as many feathers as will make a Bedd

      Item I give & bequeath unto my Son Isaac Tull one Negro Boy called Toby,
      three pewter Dishes, Six pewter plates, one Iron Pott, as many feathers as
      will make a Bedd and also his part of his Fathers Estate to him his heirs &
      Assigns for Ever

      Item I give and bequeath unto my Son Saml Tull as his part of his Fathers
      estate one feather Bedd & furniture two Cows & Calves two pewter Dishes
      two ewes & five hundred pounds of Tob. to him his heirs & Assigns for ever

      Item I give & bequeath unto my Daughter Sarah Tull one new feather Bedd &
      furniture two Cows & calves two pewter Dishes two Ewes and Drayore ? Table
      cloth four hundred & fifty pounds of Tob Six pewter Plates & one Iron Pott
      which aforesaid particulars Shall be her full part & porportion of her
      fathers & my Estate

      Item I give unto my Daughter Rachel Tull one feather Bedd and furniture &
      four hundred & fifty pounds of Tob. three pewter Dishes Six pewter plates &
      one Iron pott & it is my Will & desire that my Eecut. Pay her the remained
      of the above mentioned particulars wants of her part of her fathers Estate

      Item I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Esther Tull one feather Bedd &
      furniture four hundred & fifty pounds of Tob. One cow three pewter Dishes
      Six plates and One Iron Pott & it is my Will & desire of my Exect pay her
      the remainder from thereto of what of Above particulars wants of her part
      of her fathers Estate

      I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Grace Tull one feather Bedd &
      furniture four hundred & fifty pds to Rob One Cow three pewter Dishes six
      pewter plates one Iron Pott & it is my Will & Desire of mt Exect. Pay her
      the rest of her part of w. the above sd particulars want of her proportion
      of her father's Estate

      Item I give unto my Daughter Mary Tull one Shillings ? which shall be her
      part & proportion of my estate

      Item It is my Will & desire & Intent & naming of the Above particulars
      given to my four daughters be in full of their parts and portion of their
      fathers and my Estate & that they have no further Claim or Title to any
      part thereof

      Item It my Will & desire my friend Jeffrey Long take Care of my two Sons
      Wim & Isaac have their part of their fathers & my Estate at Eighteen Years
      of Age if he sees fit

      Lastly I make & ordain my Son Thomas Tull Execut of this my Will & Testamt
      writen this Day & Year above sd.

      Signd Sealed & Acknowledged Sarah (x) Tull

      NOTE: It appears that Sarah probably signed with the mark B

      In presence of us

      Jo (X) Turpen
      Saml Handy
      Jo ? Benvon

      Attest to the aforegoing will the following Testators this written April ??
      1728 ?? John Turpin, Saml Handy and John Benvon Subscring Evidonces to
      within Will who made oath Holy Evangelists of Almighyt God that they see of
      within named Sarah of written ? Tull as Testator Signed & Swaled within
      Instrument as Her Will & Testment & that they publish & Declare same & that
      at the time of her so doing she was of Sound & desposing & memory to the
      Best of our knowledge Sworn Before me & years above Written
      David Wilson, Dept Clk of Soms. County

      WILL OF SAMUEL HANDY

      Prerogative Court - Wills - State of Maryland - Liber 17 p 24 - 27 -
      Mircofilm Roll SR 4411

      In the name of God Amen I Saml. Handy Sen of Somersett County in the
      province of Maryland being weak in body but sound in mind and Memory
      Blessed be God Do Constitute this to be my Last will and Testame. by it
      revoking all other wills by me formorly made.
      I give my Sole to Almighty God Why by Relying on the Meritts and Mediation
      of Jesus Christ my Redeemor for ? Life and Salvation and as for my
      Temporale ?? Estate which is hath pleased God of his Goodness to ?? unto me
      do Order and Dispose of the Same as followeth -

      Item - I give unto my two Sons Saml. Handy and Thos Handy Akll the Land and
      marsh within the ?? and Jerico ditch being contained in Sundry Pattents to
      them and their Heirs and assigns forever to go Equally Divided Between them
      in the whole not Each pattent

      Item I leave to my loving son Thomas Handy all that tract or parcell of
      Land I bought of John Layton but if my son Thomas Handy Should Dye without
      Heirs ?? then I give the aforesd Land I bought of John Layton to my son
      Stephen Handy and his heirs and assigns for Ever I likewise Leave to my
      son Thomas Handy one Negro Boy called Adam and one half of the Sloop Called
      Saml and Mary but if my son Thomas Handy Should dye without Heirs then I
      give the Negro boy Called Adam to my Daughter Pricilla and the half of the
      Sloop aforementioned to give to my two sons Stephen Handy and Isaac Handy
      and their Heirs and assigns forEver

      Item I give to my loveing son William Handy all that tract or parcel of
      Land he now Liveth on Called Suff??? And the feather Bed and furniture now
      at his house to him and his heirs and assignes forEver

      Item I give to my Loveing son Ebenzor Handy all that tract or parcell of
      Land Called Rum Ridge and one half of the marsh I Bought of John Roach
      Containing four hundred and Twenty five acres and four Negros Called Tom
      and Mumford and Nanna and Willa and all my Smiths Tools and Carpenters and
      Coopers Tools and the Mars he now has?? To him and his heirs and assigns
      forEver

      Item I give to my two sons John Handy and Stephen Handy all that tract or
      parcell of Land I bought of Thomas Layfield Lying in Dorchester County
      Called Little Goshen to Go Equally Divided Between them to them and their
      heirs and assigns forEver

      Item I give to my Loveing son Stephen Handy two Negos Called Sambo and
      Lemica to him and his heirs and assigns

      Item I give unto my loving Daughter Pricilla Handy three Negroes Called
      Peter and Fillis and ?? and Six New Pewter Dishes and one Doz Pewter Plates
      and two Pewter Basins and ?? feathers bed being her Choice of all I have
      and furniture suitable with it and Six Silver Spoons to her and her heirs
      and assigns for Ever.

      Item I give unto my loveing son Isaac Handy two Negros Called Sharpe and
      Prue to him and his heirs and assigned for Ever

      Item I give to my loveling son Benja. Handy two Negros Called Guy and Dide
      ?? to him and his heirs they and their increase for Ever

      Item I give unto my Loveing son John Handy an Negroe Girl Called Patiance
      to him and his heirs and assigns

      Item I give unto my two Sons Stephen Handy and Isaac Handy one half of my
      Sloop Called Saml and Mary Equaly Between them to them and their heirs and
      assigns for Ever

      Item I give unto my loveing Son Saml Handy all my wearing apparil and my
      Coin ?? and all my printed Books to him and his heirs and assigns for Ever

      Item I give unto my loveing Daughter Sarah Tull Two thousand pounds of Tobo
      and ten pounds or the Value of it in Country Comodilys of her and her
      heirs or assigns

      Item I give unto my three Daughters viz Mary Fontain ? Jane Coulborne and
      Rachel Coulbourn Each of them ten pounds or the Value of it in Country
      Comodaties to them and their assigns

      Item I give the remaining part of my personal Estte fter my Just Debts re
      paid to my fours Sons and my Daughter Pricilla viz Ebenzer Stepheb Isaac
      and Benj to be Equally Divided Between them and I do Order that my son
      Thomas Handy do make his two young Brothers Isaac and Benj and their Estate
      in his hands and I do order and appoint my son Ebenezer and my Daughter
      Pricilla to be my Ext and Ext of this my last will and Testamt but I Order
      they shall not have ten? Per cash for paying their Brothers portions. In
      witness whereof to the said present I have hereto set my hand and Seal this
      15th Day of Jan ?? anno Domo 1726

      Signed Sealed and Delivered Saml Handy
      Seal
      In the presence of us
      John Scott, Joseph Gray, George Scott, Sarah Scott, Jams ?? Scott

      At the foot?? Of the aforegoing will was was then Written viz ?? Memorandum
      tht I John Scott, George Scott and Jams Scott Come aforo ?? and make Oath
      upon the Holy Evangelist that they Saw the above Testator Sign and Declare
      the above Instrument as his Last will and Testament and that be published
      pronouned and Declared the Same unto ?? and that at the the Time of his so
      doing he was of Sound and perfect mind and memory to the best of their
      Knowledge as witness my hand this 13th Day of Sept 1721
      Saml Hopkins, Deputy of Court