[genpcfr] Re: CEMETERY

  • Linda Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2000
      Oscar,

      i do not know the names of the ceneteries in greenvile, but i do know that
      there were different cementeries for blacks and whites through the early
      60's do not know if the practice continues. probaly still does to a large
      extent, as people would prefer for what ever reason to be burried near other
      relativies.
      Linda Harris
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~digginforroots/index.htm
      Researching in NC (northeastern) and PA York and dauphin co)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
        Do any of you know of this cemetery. I cannot recall it.
        I came across this while abstracting deeds from
        Ellison's Deed Book Abstracts.
        I don't know what family it could be.

        Unknown Site
        Pitt County, NC Deed Book EE page 453
        March 28, 1825
        John M. Johnson to Ben Briley
        ½ acre lot #104, excluding grave lot + 6 ft
        $125. Wit: S. P. Allen, John Lesslie