[genpcfr] Vault Addition

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hello Clair & Group:
      Please alert your friends that would benefit from Clair's Map rendering of
      the Pitt County NC townships that it can now be downloaded or printed from
      our Vault site:

      http://www.egroups.com/docvault/genpcfr/

      Click on the Folder Maps, then on Pitt Co Townships.

      Clair's message #2528 Fw: Image 012 which contained the map attachment has
      been transferred to the Vault in order to protect the Archives from
      'crashing'.

      Of interest to all, I quote from Clair:
      >>I found it in a book of US townships in the geneology library at NC
      >archives.. I enlarged each of "our" counties on the zerox machine,and then
      >cut them out and pasted them together-darkening the boundary lines- so they
      >fit on 81/2 by 11 paper. Civil War and tax lists often refer to townships
      >so thought non Carolinians like me might benefit--"

      Good job!!!
      Jewelle

      Main SURNAMES:
      BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
      McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

      Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
    • Elizabeth Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
        Hello Jewelle,

        > Clair's message #2528 Fw: Image 012 which contained the map attachment has
        been transferred to the Vault in order to protect the Archives from
        'crashing'.>

        Guess you've discovered that the map is not in the vault--just a pointer to
        the message. When the message window comes up, no map appears. Apparently
        the message window cannot display the attachment. Can you put the map file
        itself in the vault?

        Betsy

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
          G'morning OTO...
          After transferring, I checked it out..... map doesn't come as an
          attachment... its part of the message... just scroll down and there it is...

          nope... that is the way it WAS!!!
          I just surfed back to it .... no map ... but it was there.
          After placing it in the vault... then I returned to Archives and deleted
          the message.... perhaps that had something to do with it.......
          ?????????
          cause the map was definitely in the Vault file message. Ah well!!
          Any suggestions????? I'll contact eGroups and try to find out what I
          did wrong.
          ......<BIIIIIGGGGGChuckle> and here I was being SO pleased with myself
          for 'figuring it out' ... that pop you hear is my balloon bursting :)
          Yep!! I'm still a novice!!!
          Thanks for letting me know...
          I'll contact Clair and perhaps she can add it to the file again.
          Enjoy the weather.... TTYL
          Jewelle

          At 01:42 AM 3/2/00 PST, you wrote:
          >Hello Jewelle,
          >
          >> Clair's message #2528 Fw: Image 012 which contained the map attachment has
          >been transferred to the Vault in order to protect the Archives from
          >'crashing'.>
          >
          >Guess you've discovered that the map is not in the vault--just a pointer to
          >the message. When the message window comes up, no map appears. Apparently
          >the message window cannot display the attachment. Can you put the map file
          >itself in the vault?
          >
          >Betsy

          >Get a FREE $10 gas card when you join carclub.com. As a member,
          >you can save up to $550 a year if you own a car, and thousands
          >more when you're buying one.

          >-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=genpcfr&m=1

        • Kimberly Powell
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
            Hi Jewelle,

            The trick is to save the picture itself as a jpg image to your computer first.  You uploaded the file as a text file and that's why the map image didn't appear.  I uploaded the map image into the vault for you :-)  It's a great map Claire!!!  Except that you should have included Wilson and Edgecombe 'cause my Pitt ancestors lived on the border of those three counties ;-)

            Hope this helps!

            Kimberly

            At 01:42 AM 3/2/00 PST, you wrote:
            >Hello Jewelle,
            >
            >>	Clair's message #2528 Fw: Image 012 which contained the map attachment has
            >been transferred to the Vault in order to protect the Archives from
            >'crashing'.>
            >
            >Guess you've discovered that the map is not in the vault--just a pointer to
            >the message. When the message window comes up, no map appears. Apparently
            >the message window cannot display the attachment. Can you put the map file
            >itself in the vault?
            >
            >Betsy

            >Get a FREE $10 gas card when you join carclub.com. As a member,
            >you can save up to $550 a year if you own a car, and thousands
            >more when you're buying one.

            >-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=genpcfr&m=1

            HouseNet: All about your Home and Garden.
            eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr