[genpcfr] Crisp mail list

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
      Ruth and others...

      There is an active mailing list for the Crisp family at Rootsweb. You should
      search its archives, and subscribe if you like. The search engine is at:
      http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl

      Type in Crisp in the "Name of List" field, and then search the messages by
      keyword and year. Try Mancel as a keyword, or Beverley, etc.

      There are mail lists for most surnames you can think of! The Crisp list
      owner also has a website that includes the NC ancestors--sorry, I don't have
      the URL handy. There is a small community named Crisp near the
      Edgecombe-Pitt County line. Check a map to see the seat of the ancestral
      lines.

      Betsy Ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
        Was there someone on this list inquiring about the Crisp family? I must have
        missed that one. I am a member of the Crisp mailing list and have
        information on the Crisp family for who the town of Crisp (outside of
        Macclesfield, Edgecombe County) was named. I also have the Crisp family
        cemetery documented on my Web site:

        www.katalystdesign.com/powellpastimes/my%20web%20page/genealogy/Crisp-cemetery
        .htm

        I am descended from these NC Crisps in Edgecombe County. But if yours are
        further back than mine, then you can find people researching all of the other
        Crisp lines from Edgecombe County (mine's the only one that really moved into
        Pitt - but they all lived near the Pitt/Edgecombe border) at Ethel's Web site
        (she's the one who manages the Crisp mailing list.

        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/4231/crisp1.html

        If anyone is interested in further information please respond to me at
        powell@... I am not checking this email address very
        frequently anymore. So I guess I am going to go dig through my old mail now
        and figure out how to unsubscribe from this list and resubscribe at my new
        address!!!

        Kimberly Powell