[genpcfr] Re: Seth Tyson

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2000
      Hello Jerry...
      My Seth TYSON is the same as yours.... didn't know his first name was
      William. (BTW, am I repeating myself?)
      My Grandmother, Mary Magdalene WINGATE JACKSON lived with us. Seth's two
      wives were her sisters.
      The story goes.... that GAunt Lucy O'Neal b.6-23-1890 d.2-28-1913 (buried
      in WINGATE graveyard, Ayden) advertised for a husband .... quote "Seth
      TYSON answered, came on the train from 'the city', looking slim, dapper, &
      handsome
      and Lucy promptly became infatuated... and they were married".
      Will you please send me their daughter's name. I always thought the
      children were by the 2nd marriage.
      He married GAunt Pearl WINGATE b.1-1-1894 d.12-24-1947, (Lucy's sister),
      7--28-1914. She is buried in Hollywood Cemetery, Farmville.
      They were the daughters of Joyner Ollen WINGATE b.2-19-1850 d.7-6-1917 and
      Nancy Bonner McGLAWHORN b.5-5-1848 D.9-19-1919 both buried in WINGATE
      Graveyard on family farm, Ayden. They had 12 children.
      I suppose that's enough for now. :)
      Jewelle

      MAIN SURNAMES:
      BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
      McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

      Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

      >From: JBarton851@...
      >At 07:58 AM 2/21/00 EST, you wrote:
      >Margie:
      >
      > My database contains a William Seth Tyson (1889-1950) of Pitt County,
      NC

    • woodhis@cs.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2000
        If anyone has infornation on Seth H. Tyson (born in Wilson County) Married to
        Margaret Jane Newell (originally from Cabarrus County) in 1893, who was a
        resident of Greene County. I am wondering if there is a connection to the
        Seth Tyson from Pitt. This is a long shot, but please enlighten me if you
        know. Also my aunt told me that Margaret (Jane more commonly called) was
        buried in the church cemetery of Edwards Chapel Methodist Church. Any help on
        this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!

        BILL HIll
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 22, 2000
          Bill,
          The name Seth Tyson is very familiar to me although I can't tell you
          anything about him. Maybe you could write to the postmaster at Walstonburg
          explaining what you are seeking. He might be able to forward your letter to
          a living relative in the area who would be willing to help you. I am almost
          sure there are Seth Tyson descendants still in the area.
          Evelyn