[genpcfr] Maps

  • psmartoc
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 1998
      These are maps of 1895 of every State and every county in the States.

      Also: http://www.mit.edu:8001/geo

      Carol Pridgen Martoccia 903 East Fifth St. Greenville, NC 27858
      PRIDGEN Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/6297
      PRIDGEN Archives: http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
      List manager for the Pridgen Family and for Wilson County, NC (NCWilson)
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 1998
        Carol... as you can see ... I've been remiss in reading back email...
        "time is of the essence" ... but just wanted to thank you for this great
        information!! We'll all benefit from surfing 'n 'gleaning' these sites!!
        Hope you and everyone enjoyed happy Thanksgiving holidays with loving
        family members!!
        Jewelle

        Main Surnames:
        BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
        McGLOHON etc, WINGATE

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15, 2000
          >Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:36:38 -0500
          >To: jewelle@...
          >Subject: Maps
          >
          >>Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:55:02 -0500
          >>
          >>Here's a map site you might find interesting and useful. It has all 50
          >>states
          >>
          > http://www.topozone.com
          >>
          >>We've got every USGS 1:100,000, 1:25,000, and 1:24,000 scale map for the
          >>entire United States; Alaska (1:63,360) and Puerto Rico (1:20,000) will
          >>be coming soon.

        • Ralph Majek
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6 6:47 PM
            Hi Jewelle,
            When I go to the site, it says that I must register to access the info
            I want. To be able to check out Clair Hadley's maps - is that
            correct?
            Thanks
            Ruth
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6 10:38 PM
              From: "Ralph Majek" <rrmaj@...>

              Hi Jewelle,
              When I go to the site, it says that I must register to access the info
              I want.  To be able to check out Clair Hadley's maps - is that
              correct?
              Thanks
              Ruth

                       Hello Ruth..
                                In order to take advantage of all the other fine features that eGroups offer us, other than our email list, one must be registered with eGroups.
                                Group....  if some of you have neglected to register, now is a good time.  :)
                       Click on:
                                        http://www.egroups.com/

              Click on:  My Profile         fill out    and then you can click on   My Group
              and it'll take you to   genpcfr.

              If you need help ...  click on Help
              also... this link gives you instructions:
                               http://www.egroups.com/help/myprofile.html

              This should do it.  If not, get back with me.
                                                                    Jewelle

              jewelle@...
              Main SURNAMES:
              BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
              McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

              Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

            • Rhet Wilkinson
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2003
                I have purchased the DeLorme North Carolina Atlas and Gazetteer and have some concerns that I felt I needed to pass along. Pages 22 and 23 for Halifax county - At the bottom of the page where it says Whitakers Street leaving Enfield and going toward the right of the page -- This is incorrect, as soon as Whitakers Street leaves the city limits it becomes 13 Bridges Road - If you follow that road across 125/903 (where it becomes Moonlight Road but is still listed as Whitakers Street) all the way to Spring Hill, and then to the bottom of the pages, EVERY road name is incorrect except for Mary's Chapel Road, River Road and Shields Commessary Road. Also the roads going toward the top of the page off of 13 Bridges Road are incorrect.
                I point this out because I can not believer that they only mislabeled the roads in my stomping ground. Be careful if you are trying to find your way around NC using this book.
                It may however be really good about waterways etc.
                Rhet Wilkinson
                ALLSBROOK/ALSOBROOK Halifax Co.
                BRYAN/BATTLE Edgecome Co.
                GARDNER Greene Co./Beaufort Co.
                WILKINSON, WINDLEY Beaufort Co.

              • Nelson Brown
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2003
                  These "errors" go back to their 2nd edition 1993

                  > I have purchased the DeLorme North Carolina Atlas and Gazetteer and have
                  some concerns that I felt I needed to pass along. Pages 22 and 23 for
                  Halifax county - At the bottom of the page where it says Whitakers Street
                  leaving Enfield and going toward the right of the page -- This is incorrect,
                  as soon as Whitakers Street leaves the city limits it becomes 13 Bridges
                  Road - If you follow that road across 125/903 (where it becomes Moonlight
                  Road but is still listed as Whitakers Street) all the way to Spring Hill,
                  and then to the bottom of the pages, EVERY road name is incorrect except for
                  Mary's Chapel Road, River Road and Shields Commessary Road. Also the roads
                  going toward the top of the page off of 13 Bridges Road are incorrect.
                  > I point this out because I can not believer that they only mislabeled the
                  roads in my stomping ground. Be careful if you are trying to find your way
                  around NC using this book.
                  > It may however be really good about waterways etc.
                  > Rhet Wilkinson
                  > ALLSBROOK/ALSOBROOK Halifax Co.
                  > BRYAN/BATTLE Edgecome Co.
                  > GARDNER Greene Co./Beaufort Co.
                  > WILKINSON, WINDLEY Beaufort Co.

                  > Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:

                • Rhet Wilkinson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2003
                    I just purchased my copy yesterday at Barnes and Nobles. It is the 5th Edition copyright 2001. The "errors" were not the correct, or even common names in 1993. Those roads were never called the things that are listed there. Only brought up this since I felt that It did not make sense to me that these were the only errors in the book and that others who relied on their information needed to be careful that the information they had was correct. Rhet
                    These "errors" go back to their 2nd edition 1993

                    > I have purchased the DeLorme North Carolina Atlas and Gazetteer and have
                    some concerns that I felt I needed to pass along. Pages 22 and 23 for
                    Halifax county - At the bottom of the page where it says Whitakers Street
                    leaving Enfield and going toward the right of the page -- This is incorrect,
                    as soon as Whitakers Street leaves the city limits it becomes 13 Bridges
                    Road - If you follow that road across 125/903 (where it becomes Moonlight
                    Road but is still listed as Whitakers Street) all the way to Spring Hill,
                    and then to the bottom of the pages, EVERY road name is incorrect except for
                    Mary's Chapel Road, River Road and Shields Commessary Road. Also the roads
                    going toward the top of the page off of 13 Bridges Road are incorrect.
                    > I point this out because I can not believer that they only mislabeled the
                    roads in my stomping ground. Be careful if you are trying to find your way
                    around NC using this book.
                    > It may however be really good about waterways etc.
                    > Rhet Wilkinson
                    > ALLSBROOK/ALSOBROOK Halifax Co.
                    > BRYAN/BATTLE Edgecome Co.
                    > GARDNER Greene Co./Beaufort Co.