[genpcfr] Re: MESSAGE FOR JO PRYTHERCH

  • Jo Prytherch
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21 7:09 AM
      Janice, I called my mother and asked her if she had ever heard of a Noah
      Robason being killed by lightning. She is not a Roberson by birth, but none
      of my father's generation of Robersons are still living. My father was very
      family oriented, and sometimes my mother remembers comments he made years
      ago. She had never heard of this death, though.

      I went to the Martin County website and read the obituary. This Noah could
      not be my great-grandfather, because he died before the Civil War. My Noah
      went to war, survived Elmira prison, and was in the Martin County censuses
      of 1860, 1870, and 1880. He went by his middle name, Perry, and that is how
      he is listed in the censuses. His family lived in the Williamston Township.
      My mother gathered this information for me - I think from one of my cousins.

      I plan to join the Martin County Genealogy Society, too. Three of my four
      major bloodlines came from Martin County - Ayers (paternal grandmother),
      Roberson (father) and Woolard (maternal grandmother).

      While we are on the subject of old mysteries, my Grandfather Roberson had a
      sister, Harriet, child of Noah Perry, born @1874, who disappeared from a job
      as an office nurse, I think in Williamston. She didn't come home for the
      weekend when she was expected. When her family started looking for her, the
      doctor she worked for said she had told him she was going to Roanoke Rapids
      to look for another job. The family went to Roanoke Rapids trying to find
      her, but never did.

      I was cruising the net a few days ago and found a Harriet Roberson Woolard,
      but could not figure out how to open the file that would tell her birth
      date. Perhaps our Harriet Roberson ran away and got married, or perhaps
      this is a modern day Harriet.

      My father was so traumatized by Harriet's story that he was way over
      protective of my sister and myself fearing that something like that would
      happen to us. He always believed that Harriett was murdered.

      Jo
      prytherch@...