[genpcfr] Tyson/Tison

  • Everettcj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
      Hi All!

      My 5x great-grandmother was Susannah TYSON who married Allen MEEKS. They
      moved down to Georgia in the early 1800's where I was born many, many years
      later. I'm still trying to figure out who Susannah's parents were. I know
      there were LOTS of Tysons in Pitt County and I want to make sure I hook her up
      with the correct family. Ideas, anyone?

      Thanks in advance!

      Carol Riner Everett
    • Wayne May
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 1998
        Everettcj@... wrote:

        > Hi All!
        >
        > My 5x great-grandmother was Susannah TYSON who married Allen MEEKS. They
        > moved down to Georgia in the early 1800's where I was born many, many years
        > later. I'm still trying to figure out who Susannah's parents were. I know
        > there were LOTS of Tysons in Pitt County and I want to make sure I hook her up
        > with the correct family. Ideas, anyone?
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        >
        > Carol Riner Everett
        > No tricks, no gimmicks - just a great intro rate for Internet users!
        > NextCard Internet VISA -- Apply online now!
        > http://ads.egroups.com/click/60/1/nextcard
        >
        > Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com
        Allen Tyson had 7 children by his second wife Rachel. There last Child
        was named Susannah. She was thought to have married James W. Gaylord
        but not for sure. Does that help?
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 1998
          Hello Carol... Jerry Barton JBarton851@... is researching TYSON's
          also... may be a new connection for you... and of course, our Board
          Member Jeffrey W. Meeks <meeks@...> has both MEEKS and
          TYSON's. Good luck!
          Jewelle Baker

        • JBarton851@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 1998
            This message is for Carol Riner Everett:

            According to the records accumulated by the Tyson Genealogy Network, your
            Susannah Tyson that married Allen Meeks has been identified for our database.
            Her father was Frederick Tyson, and her mother was Bridget (maiden name
            unknown). These Tyson spend several generations in Pitt County, NC. We can
            trace her Tyson back to the Eastern Shores of Virginia prior to 1700. We
            would be please to provide you more Tyson data if you are interested. I would
            also be glad to tell you about the work and projects of the Tyson Genealogy
            Network.

            Jerry Tyson Barton
            jbarton851@...
          • Everettcj@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 10, 1998
              I'm not sure we have the same Susannah Tyson, but thanks for the info, Wayne!

              Carol
            • Everettcj@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 1998
                Jerry, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

                And, yes, I would LOVE more data and information. Once the Tysons got down to
                Georgia they intertwined with several of my other family lines such as RINER
                and BEASLEY. I am my own cousin several times over!!!

                Carol Riner Everett