[genpcfr] Re: Re PCFR membership query

  • Gayle Licari
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hi Paulette,
      I have a ROBERTS line from Wayne County and I have extensive work given
      to me by another Roberts researcher. Do you need a search....The
      ROBERTS SCHOOL and CHURCH has been moved to Waynesborough Historical
      Park off 117 South...Elder John Richard Roberts built the
      Church/School. My grandmother, Nettie W. Mozingo Williams attended
      church and school.
      Gayle
    • Gayle Licari
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2000
        Linda,
        My Grandmother's line is Luby Mozingo who married Rachel Rebecca
        GARRIS. He was the son of Richard Franklin MOZINGO son Mark MOZINGO and
        Jeanette MEASLEY MOZINGO son WINNIFORD MOZINGO son of PIERCE MOZINGO and
        possibly SARAH (GRADDY) MOZINGO son John MOZINGO and ANN ???? MOZINGO
        who migrated to first to Edgecombe County, NC in 1743 then to OLD
        JOHNSTON COUNTY by 1755 died either in LENOIR or WAYNE COUNTY, NC
        John and Ann migrated from Richmond/Westmoreland County, VA

        I am trying to determine if there were two John Rouse's who married two
        Mary MOZINGO's....Alexander Mozingo was married to Patsy Rouse daughter
        of John ROUSE and wife????
        Was she a Mary MOZINGO ROUSE. Patsy Rouse Mozingo was deceased by
        1846....Alexander was deceased before then...
        There was a Mary Mozingo dau of Bryant Mozingo and Sarah Robinson who
        married a John Rouse. She was either b. 1858 or married in 1858. Sally
        Robinson was the daughter of Ally MOZINGO and John Robinson.
        The Mozingo lines connect.
        John and Ann Mozingo had children: Pierce, Booth, George, William,
        Lewis, (possibly Edward and daughter Sarah Mozingo who was b. January
        27, 1748) George, William, Lewis Mozingo migrated to Darlington, SC
        while Sarah Mozingo migrated to Marion County, SC possibly with members
        of the CREEL family...Booth Mozingo was married possibly twice. The
        second wife being Celia PARROTT HOUSE MOZINGO. Their daughter Louise
        Mozingo married Benjamin CREECH

        John Mozingo and wife, Ann's land grant by the Governor of 200 acres on
        Bear Creek was adjoined by JOHN ROUSE....
        Any and all help is greatly welcomed and appreciated. Gayle
      • LdMel1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2000
          Was your grandmother in the line with Mary Mozingo that married John Rouse?
          Linda Melvin
        • LdMel1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2000
            My ggrandfather Richard Hill was half brother to John Rouse. They had the
            same mother I am told which was Nancy Elizabeth (Bessie) Bunn. She was
            married to William Hill first.
            Linda
          • Linda Harris
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 7, 2000
              galy

              i have most of my garris posted on my web site. take a look.
              Linda Harris
              http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~digginforroots/index.htm
              Researching in NC (northeastern) and PA York and dauphin co)
              >My Grandmother's line is Luby Mozingo who married Rachel Rebecca
              >GARRIS. He was the son of Richard Franklin MOZINGO son Mark MOZINGO and
              >Jeanette MEASLEY MOZINGO son WINNIFORD MOZINGO son of PIERCE MOZINGO and
              >possibly SARAH (GRADDY) MOZINGO son John MOZINGO and ANN ???? MOZINGO
              >who migrated to first to Edgecombe County, NC in 1743 then to OLD
              >JOHNSTON COUNTY by 1755 died either in LENOIR or WAYNE COUNTY, NC
              >John and Ann migrated from Richmond/Westmoreland County, VA
              >
              >I am trying to determine if there were two John Rouse's who married two
              >Mary MOZINGO's....Alexander Mozingo was married to Patsy Rouse daughter
              >of John ROUSE and wife????
              >Was she a Mary MOZINGO ROUSE. Patsy Rouse Mozingo was deceased by
              >1846....Alexander was deceased before then...
              >There was a Mary Mozingo dau of Bryant Mozingo and Sarah Robinson who
              >married a John Rouse. She was either b. 1858 or married in 1858. Sally
              >Robinson was the daughter of Ally MOZINGO and John Robinson.
              >The Mozingo lines connect.
              >John and Ann Mozingo had children: Pierce, Booth, George, William,
              >Lewis, (possibly Edward and daughter Sarah Mozingo who was b. January
              >27, 1748) George, William, Lewis Mozingo migrated to Darlington, SC
              >while Sarah Mozingo migrated to Marion County, SC possibly with members
              >of the CREEL family...Booth Mozingo was married possibly twice. The
              >second wife being Celia PARROTT HOUSE MOZINGO. Their daughter Louise
              >Mozingo married Benjamin CREECH
              >
              >John Mozingo and wife, Ann's land grant by the Governor of 200 acres on
              >Bear Creek was adjoined by JOHN ROUSE....
              >Any and all help is greatly welcomed and appreciated. Gayle

              >Join eLerts to Save!
              >Sign up for one or two today!

              >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=genpcfr&m=1

            • Gayle Licari
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 7, 2000
                I apologize to the group. I thought this e-mail was going to Linda
                Melvin and apparently it went to Linda Harris or the whole PCFR.
                However, I do believe in Serendipity and Intuition so perhaps others
                might see this post and send along information.

                I appreciate the post concerning the BARROW reunion. Captain Edward
                BARROW was neighbor and friend of Edward MOZINGO in
                Richmond/Westmoreland Counties in Virginia and witnessed his will of
                1711

                Many of the families migrated to Edgecombe County then to Old Johnston
                County and Dobbs/Lenoir/Greene/Pitt Counties---

                MOZINGO's/STONE's/MAYO's/DOZIER's/BARROW's to mention a few.

                Gayle
              • AjusBjus@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2000
                  Is this the John Rouse from NC.?
                • LdMel1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 8, 2000
                    I don't know why I am getting all the other "stuff" in my emails now. Can
                    you shed a light on it and if I have a computer problem.
                    I think you were asking something about John Rouse, maybe you could email me
                    personally as to what your question is and I will be able to understand the
                    email.
                    Linda
                  • AjusBjus@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2000
                      Hi this is Barbara Green Justice of Jax.,Fl. I was asking if the John Rouse
                      you mentioned in your e-mail was the one from North Carolina? I have a John
                      Rouse from there. This is part of my Maternal line.