[genpcfr] Alice Baker

  • EPit637350@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2000
      Jewelle,
      I am so sorry to heard that you lost information saved on your hard drive.
      Boy that hurts. I have cried many tears over the files I have lost that
      weren't backed up. In the Pitt County surnames you research I notice
      "Baker". I have one Baker ancestor who was marrked to Warren McLawhorn. Is
      this your ancestor as well? (This is the only Baker information I have)

      Sue Dail Pittman
      Nashville, TN
      Researching: DAIL, HARRIS, MANNING, MILLS, LEWIS, BOWDEN, BRAXTON,
      AND PARKER
      Descendants of Alice Baker
      Generation No. 1
      1. ALICE1 BAKER was born WFT Est. 1798-1822, and died WFT Est. 1871-1914.
      She married WARREN MCLAWHORN Abt. 1833, son of ARTHUR MCLAWHORN and MARY.
      Children of ALICE BAKER and WARREN MCLAWHORN are:
      i. REBECCA2 MCLAWHORN, b. Abt. 1834.
      ii. MARY E. MCLAWHORN, b. Abt. 1836.
      2. iii. ARCINAE ANN MCLAWHORN, b. May 15, 1837, Pitt County, NC; d.
      September 24, 1886, Pitt County, NC.
      iv. HARRIET MCLAWHORN, b. Abt. 1842.
      v. ELIZABETH MCLAWHORN, b. January 08, 1854; m. ALFRED M. MANNING, JR..
      vi. PINCKNEY MCLAWHORN, b. Abt. 1847.
      vii. JEREMIAH MCLAWHORN, b. October 08, 1848.
      3. viii. ELIAS J. F. MCLAWHORN, b. August 01, 1851; d. August 07, 1921,
      Pitt County, NC.
      4. ix. LIZINA MCLAWHORN, b. January 08, 1854; d. July 16, 1881.
      x. THOMAS MCLAWHORN, b. Abt. 1856.
      xi. CALVIN ISAIAH MCLAWHORN, b. March 08, 1859.
      xii. WARREN MCLAWHORN JR., b. March 17, 1867; d. April 26, 1894, Pitt
      County, NC.
      5. xiii. JACOB MCLAWHORN, b. October 19, 1870; d. November 01, 1934, Pitt
      County, NC.
      Generation No. 2
      2. ARCINAE ANN2 MCLAWHORN (ALICE1 BAKER) was born May 15, 1837 in Pitt
      County, NC, and died September 24, 1886 in Pitt County, NC. She married
      GUILFORD HARRIS Abt. 1855, son of JOSEPH HARRIS and SUSAN.

      Children of ARCINAE MCLAWHORN and GUILFORD HARRIS are:
      6. i. SUSAN E.3 HARRIS, b. January 26, 1857; d. July 02, 1933. (SUSAN IS MY
      GGMOTHER)
      7. ii. MARY F. HARRIS, b. December 02, 1858, Pitt County, NC; d. March 23,
      1913, Pitt County, NC.
      8. iii. JAMES HENRY HARRIS, b. June 21, 1864, Pitt County, NC; d. WFT
      Est. 1908-1956.
      9. iv. CLEMMIE ELIZABETH HARRIS, b. February 08, 1867; d. December 14, 1944.
      10. v. PINKNEY "PINK" HARRIS, b. October 1868, Pitt County, NC; d. 1953.
      11. vi. GEORGE HARRIS, b. August 03, 1871, Pitt County, NC; d. May 06, 1962,
      Pitt County, NC.
      12. vii. WILLIAM E. HARRIS, b. January 01, 1873, Pitt County, NC; d. March
      24, 1917.
      13. viii. FLORENCE VIRGINIA HARRIS, b. April 01, 1873; d. May 12, 1957.
      14. ix. ANNIE HARRIS, b. Abt. 1875; d. WFT Est. 1876-1962.
      x. FLOYD HARRIS, b. Abt. 1877, Pitt County, NC; d. WFT Est. 1874-1959;
      m. ANNIE MASSEY, Abt. 1900.
      15. xi. "ZADIE" GANCADA HARRIS, b. 1880, Pitt County, NC; d. 1961.
      xii. BESSIE HARRIS, b. January 12, 1881, Pitt County, NC; d. December
      21, 1965; m. ROBERT BOWLING, Abt. 1900.
    • Gayle Licari
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2000
        Jewelle,
        There is a Mr. Baker who lives in Craven County out on 17 S. who has
        done a lot of Baker research. Don't know if it ties with yours or not.
        He has put it all in the LDS records do you ever check those? You can
        access right from your computer at home now to their site.

        I noticed lots of information on CANNON does anyone know the link with
        Betty MOZINGO and Jesse CANNON???? Gayle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 29, 2000
          Hello Sue..
          Thank you for commiserating with me :) It helps!
          My BAKER research is meager to date. My deceased husband, Paul BAKER,
          (and all of his seven brothers), only knew their parents and I have had a
          'time' with this line. I've gone as far as his GGGrandfather, Theophilus
          BAKER who m. Jenetta ? and have hit a brickwall. His mother was a BEAMAN
          and I have extensive information on her which I will be happy to share.
          I have McGLAWHORNS (all sp) on both sides of my family, but my Jeremiah
          McGLAWHORN was son of George McGLOHORN (my mother's Grandfather) and my
          father's Grandmother was Frances 'Nancy' McGLOHON m. to Lewis CANNON. She
          was the dau. of Luke McGLOHON and Mary 'Molcey' BRAXTON.
          Amazingly, both Jeremiah and Luke were sons of George ... and I was not
          aware of this until I started researching! Sounds like a typical Pitt
          County family.... if your digging goes back far enough you'll find that
          all our lines intertwine.
          Your below information is of such value that I am including it again in
          this posting... just in case some of our members didn't see it originally.
          Thank you for sharing with the Group ... and thank you for adding your
          SURNAMES with your signature.
          Jewelle

          MAIN SURNAMES:
          BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
          McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

          Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

          At 10:27 PM 1/28/00 EST, you wrote:
> [...]

          >Est. 1908-1956.
          >9. iv. CLEMMIE ELIZABETH HARRIS, b. February 08, 1867; d. December 14, 1944.
          >10. v. PINKNEY "PINK" HARRIS, b. October 1868, Pitt County, NC; d. 1953.
          >11. vi. GEORGE HARRIS, b. August 03, 1871, Pitt County, NC; d. May 06, 1962,
          >Pitt County, NC.
          >12. vii. WILLIAM E. HARRIS, b. January 01, 1873, Pitt County, NC; d.
          March
          >24, 1917.
          >13. viii. FLORENCE VIRGINIA HARRIS, b. April 01, 1873; d. May 12, 1957.
          >14. ix. ANNIE HARRIS, b. Abt. 1875; d. WFT Est. 1876-1962.
          > x. FLOYD HARRIS, b. Abt. 1877, Pitt County, NC; d. WFT Est. 1874-1959;
          >m. ANNIE MASSEY, Abt. 1900.
          >15. xi. "ZADIE" GANCADA HARRIS, b. 1880, Pitt County, NC; d. 1961.
          > xii. BESSIE HARRIS, b. January 12, 1881, Pitt County, NC; d. December

        • paulette faulkner
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 29, 2000
            I have some Baker info..but the families are alittle closer to
            Harnett county and Johnson county.
            Paulette
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 29, 2000
              Thanks Gayle,
              Thanks for the information. I'll try again at FamilySearch. If you, or
              anyone, knows his full name, I'd love to contact him in person.
              MOZINGO is Janice Gurganus's line... you'll hear from her, I'm sure.
              .....and Group... remember to tag your MAIN SURNAMES with your signature
              and if you have a personal website, include the URL for our persual. Thanks.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 29, 2000
                Hello Paulette..
                Do you have anything on Andrew Jackson BAKER or Theophilus BAKER? Andrew
                m. 1st Martha Elizabeth 'Patsy' HOLLOMAN, 2nd m. James Hyman HOLLOMAN's
                divorced wife, Mary Susan 'Mollie' GARRIS HOLLOMAN. Theophilus BAKER m.
                Jennetta ? The BAKER's could have been in your counties.
                Thanks for sharing.
                Jewelle

                MAIN SURNAMES:
                BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
                McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

                Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website:
                http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

                >From: "paulette faulkner" <sparrowsma@...>
                >At 12:12 AM 1/30/00 GMT, you wrote:
                >I have some Baker info..but the families are alittle closer to
                >Harnett county and Johnson county.
                >Paulette
              • paulette faulkner
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 30, 2000
                  Hello Jewell,
                  No at this point I can't find a connection in my data to those names. I
                  will keep looking.
                  Paulette