[genpcfr] Re: Thought for Today

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 1998
      Welcome Bro Jim... the below is very apropos at all times and certainly
      here where we share gladly our genealogy knowledge with one another.

      At 06:48 AM 11/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
      >"Whatever you have received more than others--in health, in talents, in
      >ability, in success, in a pleasant childhood, in harmonious conditions of
      >home life--all this you must not take to yourself as a matter of course. In
      >gratitude for your good fortune, you must render some sacrifice of your own
      >life for another life." Albert Schweitzer

    • redlemon

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 1998
          Out background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are
          responsible for who we become.
          Bro Jim

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 1998
            Bro Jim... my chuckle for the day!! Hope all is well with you 'n yours!
            Jewelle

            At 05:55 AM 11/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
            >Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can spare it.
            >Bro Jim

            <snip>

          • redlemon
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 13, 1998

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 15, 1998
                "When we avoid dealing with our mistakes and pretend they don't exist, they
                usually express themselves in ways that we would not anticipate: anger at
                someone else, frustration at something else, lack of control."
                Max Lucado

                Bro Jim

              • CGalas@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 15, 1998
                  >Subject: Re: [genpcfr] Thought for Today
                  >

                  >>Bro Jim: This is not an appropriate medium for such messages. This is a
                  >>genealogy net.
                  >>There are other nets where this "pithy saying" and "homilies" are welcome.
                  >>Please find one.
                  >>Jeff McAllister

                  >Subject: Re: [genpcfr] Thought for Today
                  >

                  >>Bro Jim: This is not an appropriate medium for such messages. This is a
                  >>genealogy net.
                  >>There are other nets where this "pithy saying" and "homilies" are welcome.
                  >>Please find one.
                  >>Jeff McAllister

                  Jeff:

                  I am appalled at this message to Jim. The man has lent joy and thought
                  provoking moments to all of us through these little Though For Today gems he
                  shares with us.

                  How narrow minded of you and PCFR to take such an attitude. These mailing
                  lists are yes, primarily for the sharing of genealogy information, but to
                  limit conversation and camaraderie among the participants of this list is to
                  stifle the very purpose of organizations such as genealogy societies, which
                  should be to promote a feeling of friendship and helpfulness among members in
                  addition to the sharing of information.

                  Many times Jim's "little homilies" and "pithy sayings" have struck a cord in
                  all our hearts. If your and PCFRs heart was particularly struck by this
                  specific one then perhaps there is good reason.

                  I personally am ashamed to think that an organization to which I pay dues, and
                  have lent my expertise has such little regard for its membership as to
                  publicly humiliate one of its own.

                  Ann Galas
                • pvance
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 15, 1998
                    This is of course your opinion. I just deleted his little sweeetsies and
                    went on with something more productive. Like genealogy.
                    Paul R.L. Vance

                  • redlemon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 25, 1998
                      "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOUR, which is
                      CHRIST THE LORD."
                      LUKE 2:11

                      Merry Christmas

                    • pat macleod
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 11, 2001
                        Bro. Jim,
                        The last time I saw your name on the list, was when Floyd flooded Pitt
                        County!
                        Could you Please tell me what happened to Clarice Mills and the nice web
                        page she had? I have a new computer since Floyd and can't find it. Was it
                        Coastal Connections?
                        Good to see you back on the list!
                        Pat Macleod