[genpcfr] WILSON BLOUNT

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 1999
      Source: New Bern Mirror
      Wilson Blount m. Ann Griffith, daughter of Col. Edward & Ann Vail
      Griffith. Wilson Blount was the son of John & Sarah Elizabeth Vail
      Blount. Wilson & Ann were first cousins. The grave of Ann Griffith
      Blount is on the north side of the Neuse River on Swift Creek, at a
      place called Cool Springs. It was the plantation of Edward Griffith,
      Jr., the brother of Ann Griffith Blount. Ann died May 26, 1800 at the
      age of 49. They lived at Bellair Plantation.
      This is the genealogical information found in the article.
      Bill
    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
        The date was February 1961 according to note I had in file. I only
        copied the genealogical information. If I remember correctly there was a
        mention of them living in the same house but there was a dividing line
        painted in the house. Each had their own side of the house. I didn't
        write this down but am sure it was the same couple. Bill
      • JGrimes227@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
          Bill: That was certainly an interesting bit of added information - do you
          have anything on their family, i.e. children and the like? He is the brother
          of the Anne Blount who married Charles Pettigrew (father of Johnston
          Pettigrew); and his brother James was the father of Frederick Blount who
          married Rachel Whitfield Herritage.

          John B. Grimes
          jgrimes227@...
          Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729
        • Martha Marble
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
            And Rachel Whitfield Herritage md 1st James Bryan. John, there are a lot of
            letters from Frederick Blount, son of Frederick and Rachel to his brother
            John Heritage Bryan, in the Bryan Collection at UNC. Most of the letters
            were written from Alabama and refer to numerous other family from
            Craven/Pitt - Swift Creek area - that moved to Ala.

            Martha