[genpcfr] Re: Alfred Moore

  • EMooreslam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      Thanks for the response. I had feedback that the Alfred Moore who married
      Elizabeth Bland moved to Shelby TN by 1850. Thanks for filling in a little
      more of the Pitt Moores; eventually I will figure out my William Moore.
      erin
    • G. Howard Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        The Priscilla Moore in the 1850 census of Pitt County is the wife of Woody
        Moore who died 25 August 1820. She died in 1857. Their son Alfred was born
        27 April 1807. I descend through Alfred's sister Delitha, born about 1817
        and died 6 June 1864. She married Allen J. Smith.

        Howard

        G. Howard Phillips, Hilliard, OH
      • Bill Bland
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 1999
          Howard:

          Earlier you were talking about Alfred Moore, and said he was born 27 Apr 1807.  I have been informed that an Alfred Moore from Pitt Co. married Elizabeth Bland 19 Jan 1832.  I have also been informed that they had  children named Frank, Garry (maybe George), Alfred, and Martha.  They moved to Shelby County, TN, and I find them there in the 1850 census.  Is this the same Alfred Moore?  If so, any information that you can provide on Alfred will be greatly appreciated.

          Bill Bland

          "G. Howard Phillips" wrote:

          Bill:

          I have a book, Editor in Politics by Josephus Daniels. Is this the same
          Josephus Daniels? If so, he mentions different family members in the book.
          He was editor of the News and Observer newspaper.

          G. Howard Phillips, Hilliard, OH (born in Pitt County)

          At 04:19 AM 11/15/1999 -0500, you wrote:
          >Bill,
          >
          >Do you know how the Lanier name got in this family.
          >Linda Harris
          >http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~digginforroots/index.htm
          >Researching in NC (northeastern) and PA York and dauphin co)

          A shopper’s dream come true! Find practically anything on earth at eBay!
          Come and browse the more than 2 million items up for bid at any time.
          You never know what you might find at eBay!
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1140

          -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=genpcfr&m=1

        • G. Howard Phillips
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 15, 1999
            Bill:

            As I noted, Alfred Moore was born 27 April 1807. He married Lucy Ann
            Williams. Priscilla Moore, Alfred's mother was living with them in the 1850
            Pitt County census. Priscilla's husband was Woody Moore. Alfred and Lucy
            had two children: Alfred and Mollie. Alfred's sister, Delitha married Allen
            J. Smith about 1833. Delitha was my gggrandmother.

            Howard
          • Bill Bland
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 1999
              Howard:

              Thanks for the reply. I guess we have two different Alfred Moore's.

              Bill