Re: [genpcncfir] Finding Your Roots 25 March 2013

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
      Jewelle,
      I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
      Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
      Marcia

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
        Marcia.. I just googled "Finding Your Roots" TV. The website stated it will run Sundays starting March 25.. which is an error. So, it either ran last night or starts tonight. Cheryl o7o

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

        > Jewelle,
        > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
        > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
        > Marcia
        >

        > ________________________________

      • jaybyrd_33004
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
          This series ran last year – March 25, 2012 was a Sunday. I don’t think that there is a new series starting.

          Julian

          --- In mailto:genpcncfir%40yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

          > Jewelle,
          > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
          > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown. Â
          > Marcia
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Marcia McLawhorn
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
            Cheryl,
            I'd been running searches all month looking for it's correct date and time.
            I agree with Julian. Everything I found was old ... not new for this year.

            My posting was to see if the east coast was having something not shown
            here or to get a corrected date.
            Marcia

            ________________________________
            Marcia.. I just googled "Finding Your Roots" TV. The website stated it will run Sundays starting March 25.. which is an error. So, it either ran last night or starts tonight. Cheryl o7o

            --- In mailto:genpcncfir%40yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:
            > Jewelle,
            > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
            > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
            > Marcia
            > ________________________________

          • cheryl rhoden
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
              Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                Could be reruns.

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                  I looked on Facebook. It was a ten-part series on Sundays on PBS that started about march 2012. So I'm guessing it's over.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:22 PM, cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@...> wrote:

                  > Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                • DeDe Wilson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                    On the original message at the bottom of this page, Kevin Bacon and wife, Krya Sedgwick, are mentioned as being on the show. They were both on last years show. So, apparently, the shows are re-runs.

                    DeDe Spence Wilson

                    On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:22 PM, cheryl rhoden <mailto:rhodenccc%40yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o

                  • cheryl rhoden
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
                      Fellow researchers... I think we've nailed this mystery down. If this show is running again ... it is reruns.
                      And, I just have to say here - I wasn't all that impressed by the first run of this series and did watch a number of them. I am not into the 'roots' of celebrities.. I was hoping for something more instructive as to how to do the research.  best, cheryl o7o

                      Researching: Roden/Rhoden; Moore; Tyson/Tison; Raulerson; O'Steen; Weeks; Johns; Briley; Hicks, etc.