Interesting Read

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Hello Group....
      The below message DOES NOT pertain to our genealogy discussions .... however... it was sent to me by a very dear cousin and I'd like to share with ALL of you......
      .... <chuckle> ... if you're not interested you can ALWAYS use your DELETE button:
      Senior Discounts

      Keep this list - - - and Send a copy to your senior friends and relatives.

      As I was waiting in line behind an older gentleman at Wendy's recently, I heard him ask for his senior discount. The girl at the register apologized and charged him less. When I asked the man what the discount was, he told me that seniors over age 55 gets 10% off everything on the menu, every day.

      Being of 'that' age myself, I figured I might as well ask for the discount too.

      This incident prompted me to do some research, and I came across a list of restaurants, supermarkets, department stores, travel deals and other types of offers giving various discounts with different age requirements. I was actually surprised to see how many there are and how some of them start at the young age of 50.

      This list may not only be useful for you, but for your friends and family, too.

      Dunkin Donuts gives free coffee to people over 55. If you're paying for a cup every day, you might want to start getting it for free.

      YOU must ASK for your discount!

      Applebee's: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)

      Arby's: 10% off (55+)

      Ben & Jerry 's: 10% off (60+)

      Bennigan's: discount varies by location (60+)

      Bob's Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)

      Boston Market: 10% off (65+)

      Burger King: 10% off (60+)

      Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee (55+)

      Chili's: 10% off (55+)

      CiCi's Pizza: 10% off (60+)

      Culver's: 5% off

      Denny's: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members (55+)

      Dunkin' Donuts: 10% off or free coffee (55+)

      Einstein's Bagels: 10% off baker's dozen of bagels (60+)

      Fuddrucker's: 10% off any senior platter (55+)

      Gatti's Pizza: 10% off (60+)

      Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)

      Hardee's: $0.33 beverages everyday (65+)

      IHOP: 10% off (55+)

      Jack in the Box: up to 20% off (55+)

      KFC: free small drink with any meal (55+)

      Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+)

      Long John Silver's: various discounts at locations (55+)

      McDonald's: discounts on coffee everyday (55+)

      Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)

      Shoney's: 10% off Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)

      Steak 'n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday (50+)

      Subway: 10% off (60+)

      Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off (62+)

      Taco Bell : 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)

      TCBY: 10% off (55+)

      Tea Room Cafe: 10% off (50+)

      Village Inn: 10% off (60+)

      Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)

      Wendy's: 10% off (55+)

      White Castle : 10% off (62+)

      Banana Republic: 10% off (50+)

      Bealls: 20% off first Tuesday of each month (50+)

      Belk's: 15% off first Tuesday of every month (55+)

      Big Lots: 10% off

      Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days (55+)

      C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)

      Clarks : 10% off (62+)

      Dress Barn: 10% off (55+)

      Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)

      Hal lmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)

      Kmart: 20% off (50+)

      Kohl's: 15% off (60+)

      Modell's Sporting Goods: 10% off

      Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesdays & 10% off prescriptions

      Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+)

      The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off (55+)

      Stein Mart: 20%(55+) off clearance items 1st Monday every month

      Albertson's: 10% off first Wednesday of each month (55+)

      American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday (50+)

      Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)

      DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)

      Food Lion: 6% off every Monday (60+)

      Fry's Supermarket: free Fry's VIP Club Membership

      & 10% off every Monday (55+)

      Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)

      Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)

      Harris Teeter: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)

      Hy-Vee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)

      Kroger: 10% off (date varies by location)

      Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)

      The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday (50+)

      Publix: 5% off every Wednesday (55+)

      Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)

      Uncle Guiseppe's Marketplace: 5% off (62+)

      Alaska Airlines: 10% off (65+)

      American Airlines: various discounts for 65

      and up (call before booking for discount)

      Continental Airlines: no initiation fee for Continental

      Presidents Club & special fares

      for select destinations

      Southwest Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and

      up (call before booking for discount)

      United Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up

      (call before booking for discount)

      U.S. Airways: various discounts for ages 65 and up

      (call before booking for discount)

      Amtrak: 15% off (62+)

      Greyhound: 5% off (62+)

      Trailways Transportation System: various discounts for ages 50+

      Car Rental:

      Alamo Car Rental: up to 25% off for AARP members

      Avis: up to 25% off for AARP members Best Western: 10% off (55+)

      Budget Rental Cars: 10% off; up to 20% off for AARP members (50+)

      Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off (50+)

      Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members

      Hertz: up to 25% off for AARP members

      Holiday Inn: 10%-30% off depending on location (62+)

      National Rent-A-Car: up to 30% off for AARP members

      Over Night Accommodations:

      Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Clarion Motels: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Comfort Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Comfort Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Econo Lodge: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Hampton Inns & Suites: 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance

      Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+)

      InterContinental Hotels Group: various discounts at all hotels (65+)

      Mainstay Suites: 10% off with Mature Traveler's Discount (50+); 20%-30% off (60+)

      Marriott Hotels: 15% off (62+)

      Motel 6: 10% off (60+)

      Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off (55+)

      Quality Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Rodeway Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)

      Sleep Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)

      AMC Theaters: up to 30% off (55+)

      Bally Total Fitness: up to $100 off memberships (62+)

      Busch Gardens Tampa, FL: $3 off one-day tickets (50+)

      Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)

      Cinemark/Century Theaters: up to 35% off

      U.S. National Parks: $10 lifetime pass; 50% off additional

      services including camping (62+)

      Regal Cinemas: 30% off

      Ripley's Believe it or Not: @ off one-day ticket (55+)

      SeaWorld Orlando , FL : $3 off one-day tickets (50+)

      AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $29.99/month (65+)

      Jitterbug: $10/month cell phone service (50+)

      Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month (65+).

      Great Clips: $3 off hair cuts (60+)

      Super Cuts: $2 off haircuts (60+)

      NOW, go out there and claim your discounts - - - and remember --- YOU must ASK for your discount --- no ask, no discount.

      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++