Re: Robinson / Roberson & Jones families

  • rhodenccc
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hi Darlene, I have connected previously with someone researching the Roberson family. He's in another group I'm in. I'm not sure if he posts here. First name is: Gavin. I can give you that site name.
      I'm rhodenccc at yahoo.com.

      What Moores are you researching? Mine were in Pitt Co and migrated. Tho, we're getting some bingos off a recent DNA test for others in VA and NC. best cheryl

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Darlene Whitfield" wrote:

      > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends in ResearchHi All,
      > I am trying to research my Roberson / Robinson family that were from Greene Co. My great-grandfather was James "Fertinand" Robinson who married Eliza Jones. He is the son of Thomas Roberson & Mary "Clark" (who was from Pitt Co.) They lived in Greene Co. for many, many years. Eliza was the daughter of Aligood Jones. His father is Guardner Jones. The name Guardner is one that runs in the family well, there are several between original, son, grandson, nephews, etc. I have also seen where Eliza's sister, Martha (I think) married Cornelius Davis, and then later a Puryear.
      >
      > Ist there anyone researchings these two families that were from Greene Co. I have no idea where the family scattered to, except that my branch moved to Craven Co. to the Askins area around the 1910's to 1920's, which is where the majority of the children settled. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Darlene Drake Whitfield
      > Researching - Roberson / Robinson; Jones; Nobles; McLawhorn; Moore; Ward; McCoy; Avery; Hawkins; and it seems like the rest of the world!

    • Wanda Dwyer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
        Hi Darlene,
        I have researched Robersons from Beaufort, Greene, and Pitt County. I'm at
        Wanda@...

        Wanda R. Dwyer
        Wilson, NC 27894

        Phone# 252-752-1515 extension# 202