Finding Your Roots 25 March 2013

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2013
      CORRECTION>>>>>>>>>
      Should read...... 25 March 2013

      PBS-TV Launches �Finding Your Roots� with Dr. Gates on March 25 Jan 5, 2013
      PBS-TV will launch �Finding Your Roots� hosted by Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr., a Harvard University professor and historian, on March 25. This will be a 10 part series that explores ancestors of celebrities, much like his last year series, The Faces of America. The program will feature celebrity couple Kevin Bacon and Krya Sedgwick.
      Stay tuned for more details on this exciting new series next month!
      jewelle
      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

    • amaryllish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 10, 2013
        Thank you so much Jewelle for sharing this with us. You are great!!!

        Amy W. Hunt
        Ancestor Seekers of Farmville, North Carolina

      • Marcia McLawhorn
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
          Jewelle,
          I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
          Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
          Marcia

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
            Marcia.. I just googled "Finding Your Roots" TV. The website stated it will run Sundays starting March 25.. which is an error. So, it either ran last night or starts tonight. Cheryl o7o

            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

            > Jewelle,
            > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
            > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
            > Marcia
            >

            > ________________________________

          • jaybyrd_33004
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
              This series ran last year – March 25, 2012 was a Sunday. I don’t think that there is a new series starting.

              Julian

              --- In mailto:genpcncfir%40yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

              > Jewelle,
              > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
              > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown. Â
              > Marcia
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Marcia McLawhorn
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                Cheryl,
                I'd been running searches all month looking for it's correct date and time.
                I agree with Julian. Everything I found was old ... not new for this year.

                My posting was to see if the east coast was having something not shown
                here or to get a corrected date.
                Marcia

                ________________________________
                Marcia.. I just googled "Finding Your Roots" TV. The website stated it will run Sundays starting March 25.. which is an error. So, it either ran last night or starts tonight. Cheryl o7o

                --- In mailto:genpcncfir%40yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:
                > Jewelle,
                > I just got this weeks TV-list, but can not find this show on PBS-TV or the Internet.
                > Can you identify what station that you know this will be shown.
                > Marcia
                > ________________________________

              • cheryl rhoden
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                  Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                    Could be reruns.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                      I looked on Facebook. It was a ten-part series on Sundays on PBS that started about march 2012. So I'm guessing it's over.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:22 PM, cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@...> wrote:

                      > Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • DeDe Wilson
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                        On the original message at the bottom of this page, Kevin Bacon and wife, Krya Sedgwick, are mentioned as being on the show. They were both on last years show. So, apparently, the shows are re-runs.

                        DeDe Spence Wilson

                        On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:22 PM, cheryl rhoden <mailto:rhodenccc%40yahoo.com> wrote:

                        > Marcia, Julian, et al.. Well, heck if I know.. I just googled it again and it is posting '2013.' Darn it. But, maybe you guys are right. cheryl o7o

                      • cheryl rhoden
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
                          Fellow researchers... I think we've nailed this mystery down. If this show is running again ... it is reruns.
                          And, I just have to say here - I wasn't all that impressed by the first run of this series and did watch a number of them. I am not into the 'roots' of celebrities.. I was hoping for something more instructive as to how to do the research.  best, cheryl o7o

                          Researching: Roden/Rhoden; Moore; Tyson/Tison; Raulerson; O'Steen; Weeks; Johns; Briley; Hicks, etc.