Re: [genpcncfir] Clark Family

  • mrsc mrsc
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
      Susan, my in-laws(the Clarks) for several generations back were in Granville County,NC.migrating there from Maryland. Do not recognize any of your names, but as my research continues, will watch for them. Perhaps we can make a connection. sue

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
        Susan,

        North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975
        Name: Rosetta Clark Mercer
        Gender: Female Race: White Age: 79
        Birth Date: 28 Nov 1887 Birth Place: Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
        Death Date: 28 Sep 1967 Death Location: Washington, Beaufort
        Spouse's Name: Thomas Mercer
        Father's Name: William Clark
        Mother's Name: Mary Weatherly
        Residence: Washington, Beaufort, North Carolina
        Oakdale cemetery in Washington, beaufort County, NC

        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=ME&GSfn=r&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=29&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GSsr=561&GRid=35202119&df=all&
        With pictures

        1910 Amon D Fulford 35 Deenie Fulford 36 Lillie Fulford 10 Ellie M Fulford 6 Walter M Fulford 1 William T Mercer 23 Rosetta Mercer 22 Garfield Mercer 1

        Name: Rosetta Mercer Age in 1910: 22 Birth Year: abt 1888
        [1888] Birthplace: North Carolina Home in 1910: Idalia, Beaufort, North Carolina Race: White Gender: Female
        Relation to Head of House: Sister
        Marital Status: Married Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North Carolina
        ????Deenie must be the sister
        Sue
        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Susan F" wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I just found this group while trying to research my father's side of the family. If anyone could help out with information on the Clark family I would be very greatful. My great grandmother was Rosetta Clark, her Father was William Henry Clark and her mother was Mary E Weatherly. That is all I'm sure of. I do know the Clarks are one of the orginal families in Pitt, Co.
        >
        > Thank you and God Bless
        > Susan

      • rootspuzzle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
          North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975
          Name: Hayes William Clark
          Gender: Male Race: White Age: 76 Birth Date: 14 Mar 1877 Birth Place: Pamlico, North Carolina, United States Death Date: 7 Nov 1953 Death Location: Aurora, NC Rfd, Beaufort Father's Name: William Henry Clark Mother's Name: Mary Weatherly Residence: Aurora, Beaufort, North Carolina

          1880 North Carolina > Beaufort > Richland > 005 > 24
          William H. Clark 46 Mary Clark 25 Charles Clark 13 John Clark 7 Alexina Clark 4 William H. Clark 3

          1900 North Carolina > Beaufort > Idalia > District 0008 > 7
          223 William H Clark 66 [nov 1833] farmer married 28
          Mary E Clark 46 wife [oct 1853] married 28yrs 9children-7living
          Hayes Clark 22 son [mar 1878] day laborer
          Gertrude Clark 18 daughter [mar 1882]
          Jennie B Clark 15 daug [july 1884]
          Rosetta Clark 12 daughter [nov 1887]
          Jonah Clark 12 son [nov 1887]
          Susan E Clark 9 daug [oct 1890
          224 amond Fulford 24 head [nov 1875] day laborer married 2 yrs
          Dena Fulford 25 wife [sept 1874] married 2 yrs 3child-2liv
          John D Fulford 1 son [nov 1898]
          Callilly Fulford 5/12 [dec 1900]

        • zusie@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
            Really appreciate it.

> [...]

            > Name: Rosetta Mercer Age in 1910: 22 Birth Year: abt 1888
            > [1888] Birthplace: North Carolina Home in 1910: Idalia, Beaufort, North Carolina Race: White Gender: Female
            > Relation to Head of House: Sister
            > Marital Status: Married Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North Carolina
            > ????Deenie must be the sister
            > Sue
            > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com , "Susan F" wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > I just found this group while trying to research my father's side of the family. If anyone could help out with information on the Clark family I would be very greatful. My great grandmother was Rosetta Clark, her Father was William Henry Clark and her mother was Mary E Weatherly. That is all I'm sure of. I do know the Clarks are one of the orginal families in Pitt, Co.

          • Arlene Wills
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2013
              Dear Susie,
              Ihave info on your Clarks and will share it with you if you send me telephone and mailing information.  William married into my Powell family.  Arlene Wills, 1112 Manchester Drive, Raleighm NC 27609-5155, 919/781-3625, awills3@...