Re: Need Help with finding info on Willie Emma Thigpen

  • rhodenccc
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 24, 2012
      You might also sign up for www.alabamapioneers.com Its a great resource and its free. Cheryl

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, BamaAngel <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

      > Thank you so very much for all of this new information. The only thing I had was my husband's dad, who was Robert Anthony Blanton Jr. His dad was Robert Anthony Blanton Sr and his mom was Willie Emma Thigpen. I didn't have any documentation of Robert Sr and Emma being married. I don't have much info on her family, except her parents Evie May Glass and Charlie W. Thigpen.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • rootspuzzle
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
        -----All Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974--

        Name: Mrs Elvie May Glass Cooley
        Birth Date: abt 1893
        Death Date: 8 Nov 1971 Death Place: Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama
        Death Age: 78 Marital Status: Married Gender: Female
        Father Name: Walter Glass
        Spouse Name: E B Cooley
        FHL Film Number: 2051657

        Name: Evie Cooley
        SSN: 422-50-6994 Last Residence: 35094 Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama, United States of America Born: 20 Dec 1892 Died: Nov 1971 State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (1956)

        I have more
        Sue

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "rootspuzzle" <rootspuzzle@...> wrote:

        > The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
        > Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
        > --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
        > ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
        > ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
        > --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
        > --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
        > ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
        > The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]
        >

        > Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
        > Name: Willie Emma Blanton
        > [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865
        >
        > Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
        > Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18
        >
        > U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
        > Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
        > Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc
        >

        > >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
        > Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
        > Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama
        >

        > Now it is up to you to prove.
        >
        > Good Luck
        > Sue
        >

        > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
        > > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
        > > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
        > > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
        > > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
        > > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
        > > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
        > >
        > > Thank you so very much~
        > >
        > > D. Stanford

      • BamaAngel
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
          That is the same person I am looking for, if you have any more information, please share it with me.
          Thank you so very much~
          Danielle