Re: [genpcncfir] Need Help with finding info on Willie Emma Thigpen

  • BamaAngel
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
      I don't know if that is the same one. She was married to a Charlie W. Blanton at one time, but they may have divorced. It could possibly be her. Did you find any information on Emma too?
      Thank you so very much for replying.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
        I agree Barb. I cant' afford Ancestry either....it is available at
        most libraries though. However you have time limits at a library, so I
        say do your homework, then pop on and get the hardcopies you want,
        then poke around with the remainder of your time.

        Most of the gems and/or facts I find are freely available, and all
        from good-old fashion detective work. Its out there, and your often
        better off with some of those sources since the transcriber is someone
        you can sometimes get in contact with. I mean, google now has hoards
        of old digital sources and I've downloaded quite a few open-source old
        documents with lots of good & meaty details. Then you have rootsweb
        and they host a couple sources I use alot for UK vitals: freeCen,
        freeReg.

        FamilySearch.org of course is a staple. Then you can also find some
        wonderful gems of information on sites such as this, or other county
        based sites - I find all mine with a search like "Washington County"
        Genealogy, or "Reid Family" kilmarnok Scotland....some times those
        random searchs hit pay dirt. I use the "" to quantify that it search
        for those words together, then have the other two words anywhere on
        that same page. Its quite amazing the clues you can sometimes dig-up
        with just some old-fashion detective work.

        Happy hunting

        Paula Norman

        On 10/22/12, Barb Lantto <earthfeather99@...> wrote:
        > Please do not feel bad.
        >
        > Ancestry.com gleans from the Internet for free,  and then sells it.
        >
        > I have never joined and paid Ancestry. If they find it' it is still there,
        > on the Internet for free.
        >
        > BARB

      • rootspuzzle
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
          The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
          Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
          --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
          ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
          ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
          --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
          --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
          ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
          The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]

          Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
          Name: Willie Emma Blanton
          [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865

          Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
          Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18

          U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
          Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
          Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc

          >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
          Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
          Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama

          Now it is up to you to prove.

          Good Luck
          Sue

          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
          > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
          > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
          > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
          > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
          > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
          > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
          >
          > Thank you so very much~
          >
          > D. Stanford

        • rhodenccc
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
            I stopped using ancestry years ago as well. You can put the name you are searching into Google search and add location and approximate year. You'll be surprised what you can find for free!!!

            There were Thigpin families in Pitt Co. One connected with my Moore family also of Pitt. They migrated into GA/FL in the 1800s. Whether they connect with yours or not I'm not sure.

            There is also a Thigpin in the DAR records that descended from Caleb Moore of Pitt and GA. You can obtain those records from the DAR. Just go to their website.

            I'd also look for a death certificate for Charles Waller Thigpin which would likely give you the place of his birth and parents names. Then you keep going back from there.

            Good luck. best, Cheryl

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
              Thank you so very much for all of this new information. The only thing I had was my husband's dad, who was Robert Anthony Blanton Jr. His dad was Robert Anthony Blanton Sr and his mom was Willie Emma Thigpen. I didn't have any documentation of Robert Sr and Emma being married. I don't have much info on her family, except her parents Evie May Glass and Charlie W. Thigpen.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                Thank you so much again!!
                Danielle

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 24, 2012
                  You might also sign up for www.alabamapioneers.com Its a great resource and its free. Cheryl

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                    -----All Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974--

                    Name: Mrs Elvie May Glass Cooley
                    Birth Date: abt 1893
                    Death Date: 8 Nov 1971 Death Place: Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama
                    Death Age: 78 Marital Status: Married Gender: Female
                    Father Name: Walter Glass
                    Spouse Name: E B Cooley
                    FHL Film Number: 2051657

                    Name: Evie Cooley
                    SSN: 422-50-6994 Last Residence: 35094 Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama, United States of America Born: 20 Dec 1892 Died: Nov 1971 State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (1956)

                    I have more
                    Sue

                    --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "rootspuzzle" <rootspuzzle@...> wrote:

                    > The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
                    > Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
                    > --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
                    > ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
                    > ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
                    > --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
                    > --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
                    > ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
                    > The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]
                    >

                    > Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
                    > Name: Willie Emma Blanton
                    > [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865
                    >
                    > Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
                    > Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18
                    >
                    > U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
                    > Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
                    > Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc
                    >

                    > >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
                    > Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
                    > Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama
                    >

                    > Now it is up to you to prove.
                    >
                    > Good Luck
                    > Sue
                    >

                    > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
                    > > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
                    > > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
                    > > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
                    > > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
                    > > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
                    > > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
                    > >
                    > > Thank you so very much~
                    > >
                    > > D. Stanford

                  • BamaAngel
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                      That is the same person I am looking for, if you have any more information, please share it with me.
                      Thank you so very much~
                      Danielle