Re: [genpcncfir] Need Help with finding info on Willie Emma Thigpen

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
      http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=tatianamik&id=I7912
      A Charles w. thigpen. Don't know if he's yours.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 20, 2012, at 10:38 PM, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
      > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
      > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
      > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
      > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
      > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
      > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
      >
      > Thank you so very much~
      >
      > D. Stanford

    • BamaAngel
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
        I don't know if that is the same one. She was married to a Charlie W. Blanton at one time, but they may have divorced. It could possibly be her. Did you find any information on Emma too?
        Thank you so very much for replying.

        ________________________________
        Found a Evie May Glass Cooley who died in nov. 1971. In Alabama.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Oct 20, 2012, at 10:38 PM, "bamaangel3395" <mailto:bamaangel3395%40yahoo.com> wrote:

        > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
        > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
        > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
        > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
        > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
        > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
        > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
        >
        > Thank you so very much~
        >
        > D. Stanford

      • Barb Lantto
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
          Please do not feel bad.

          Ancestry.com gleans from the Internet for free,  and then sells it.

          I have never joined and paid Ancestry. If they find it' it is still there, on the Internet for free.

          BARB

          > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
          > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
          > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
          > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
          > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
          > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
          > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
          >
          > Thank you so very much~
          >
          > D. Stanford

          > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you
          > are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and
          > Coastal North Carolina counties.
          > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir%c2%a0

        • Paula Norman
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
            I agree Barb. I cant' afford Ancestry either....it is available at
            most libraries though. However you have time limits at a library, so I
            say do your homework, then pop on and get the hardcopies you want,
            then poke around with the remainder of your time.

            Most of the gems and/or facts I find are freely available, and all
            from good-old fashion detective work. Its out there, and your often
            better off with some of those sources since the transcriber is someone
            you can sometimes get in contact with. I mean, google now has hoards
            of old digital sources and I've downloaded quite a few open-source old
            documents with lots of good & meaty details. Then you have rootsweb
            and they host a couple sources I use alot for UK vitals: freeCen,
            freeReg.

            FamilySearch.org of course is a staple. Then you can also find some
            wonderful gems of information on sites such as this, or other county
            based sites - I find all mine with a search like "Washington County"
            Genealogy, or "Reid Family" kilmarnok Scotland....some times those
            random searchs hit pay dirt. I use the "" to quantify that it search
            for those words together, then have the other two words anywhere on
            that same page. Its quite amazing the clues you can sometimes dig-up
            with just some old-fashion detective work.

            Happy hunting

            Paula Norman

            On 10/22/12, Barb Lantto <earthfeather99@...> wrote:
            > Please do not feel bad.
            >
            > Ancestry.com gleans from the Internet for free,  and then sells it.
            >
            > I have never joined and paid Ancestry. If they find it' it is still there,
            > on the Internet for free.
            >
            > BARB

          • rootspuzzle
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
              The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
              Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
              --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
              ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
              ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
              --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
              --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
              ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
              The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]

              Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
              Name: Willie Emma Blanton
              [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865

              Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
              Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18

              U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
              Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
              Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc

              >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
              Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
              Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama

              Now it is up to you to prove.

              Good Luck
              Sue

              --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

              > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
              > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
              > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
              > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
              > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
              > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
              > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
              >
              > Thank you so very much~
              >
              > D. Stanford

            • rhodenccc
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                I stopped using ancestry years ago as well. You can put the name you are searching into Google search and add location and approximate year. You'll be surprised what you can find for free!!!

                There were Thigpin families in Pitt Co. One connected with my Moore family also of Pitt. They migrated into GA/FL in the 1800s. Whether they connect with yours or not I'm not sure.

                There is also a Thigpin in the DAR records that descended from Caleb Moore of Pitt and GA. You can obtain those records from the DAR. Just go to their website.

                I'd also look for a death certificate for Charles Waller Thigpin which would likely give you the place of his birth and parents names. Then you keep going back from there.

                Good luck. best, Cheryl

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                  Thank you so very much for all of this new information. The only thing I had was my husband's dad, who was Robert Anthony Blanton Jr. His dad was Robert Anthony Blanton Sr and his mom was Willie Emma Thigpen. I didn't have any documentation of Robert Sr and Emma being married. I don't have much info on her family, except her parents Evie May Glass and Charlie W. Thigpen.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                    Thank you so much again!!
                    Danielle

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 24, 2012
                      You might also sign up for www.alabamapioneers.com Its a great resource and its free. Cheryl

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                        -----All Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974--

                        Name: Mrs Elvie May Glass Cooley
                        Birth Date: abt 1893
                        Death Date: 8 Nov 1971 Death Place: Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama
                        Death Age: 78 Marital Status: Married Gender: Female
                        Father Name: Walter Glass
                        Spouse Name: E B Cooley
                        FHL Film Number: 2051657

                        Name: Evie Cooley
                        SSN: 422-50-6994 Last Residence: 35094 Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama, United States of America Born: 20 Dec 1892 Died: Nov 1971 State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (1956)

                        I have more
                        Sue

                        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "rootspuzzle" <rootspuzzle@...> wrote:

                        > The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
                        > Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
                        > --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
                        > ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
                        > ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
                        > --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
                        > --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
                        > ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
                        > The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]
                        >

                        > Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
                        > Name: Willie Emma Blanton
                        > [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865
                        >
                        > Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
                        > Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18
                        >
                        > U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
                        > Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
                        > Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc
                        >

                        > >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
                        > Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
                        > Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama
                        >

                        > Now it is up to you to prove.
                        >
                        > Good Luck
                        > Sue
                        >

                        > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
                        > > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
                        > > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
                        > > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
                        > > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
                        > > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
                        > > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
                        > >
                        > > Thank you so very much~
                        > >
                        > > D. Stanford

                      • BamaAngel
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                          That is the same person I am looking for, if you have any more information, please share it with me.
                          Thank you so very much~
                          Danielle