Need Help with finding info on Willie Emma Thigpen

  • bamaangel3395
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 20, 2012
      I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
      She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
      was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
      only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
      Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
      to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
      days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?

      Thank you so very much~

      D. Stanford

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
        Found a Evie May Glass Cooley who died in nov. 1971. In Alabama.

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
          http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=tatianamik&id=I7912
          A Charles w. thigpen. Don't know if he's yours.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Oct 20, 2012, at 10:38 PM, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
          > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
          > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
          > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
          > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
          > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
          > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
          >
          > Thank you so very much~
          >
          > D. Stanford

        • BamaAngel
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
            I don't know if that is the same one. She was married to a Charlie W. Blanton at one time, but they may have divorced. It could possibly be her. Did you find any information on Emma too?
            Thank you so very much for replying.

            ________________________________

            On Oct 20, 2012, at 10:38 PM, "bamaangel3395" <mailto:bamaangel3395%40yahoo.com> wrote:

            > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
            > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
            > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
            > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
            > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
            > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
            > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
            >
            > Thank you so very much~
            >
            > D. Stanford

          • Barb Lantto
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
              Please do not feel bad.

              Ancestry.com gleans from the Internet for free,  and then sells it.

              I have never joined and paid Ancestry. If they find it' it is still there, on the Internet for free.

              BARB

              > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
              > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
              > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
              > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
              > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
              > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
              > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
              >
              > Thank you so very much~
              >
              > D. Stanford

              > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you
              > are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and
              > Coastal North Carolina counties.
              > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir%c2%a0

            • Paula Norman
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
                I agree Barb. I cant' afford Ancestry either....it is available at
                most libraries though. However you have time limits at a library, so I
                say do your homework, then pop on and get the hardcopies you want,
                then poke around with the remainder of your time.

                Most of the gems and/or facts I find are freely available, and all
                from good-old fashion detective work. Its out there, and your often
                better off with some of those sources since the transcriber is someone
                you can sometimes get in contact with. I mean, google now has hoards
                of old digital sources and I've downloaded quite a few open-source old
                documents with lots of good & meaty details. Then you have rootsweb
                and they host a couple sources I use alot for UK vitals: freeCen,
                freeReg.

                FamilySearch.org of course is a staple. Then you can also find some
                wonderful gems of information on sites such as this, or other county
                based sites - I find all mine with a search like "Washington County"
                Genealogy, or "Reid Family" kilmarnok Scotland....some times those
                random searchs hit pay dirt. I use the "" to quantify that it search
                for those words together, then have the other two words anywhere on
                that same page. Its quite amazing the clues you can sometimes dig-up
                with just some old-fashion detective work.

                Happy hunting

                Paula Norman

                On 10/22/12, Barb Lantto <earthfeather99@...> wrote:
                > Please do not feel bad.
                >
                > Ancestry.com gleans from the Internet for free,  and then sells it.
                >
                > I have never joined and paid Ancestry. If they find it' it is still there,
                > on the Internet for free.
                >
                > BARB

              • rootspuzzle
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                  The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
                  Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
                  --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
                  ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
                  ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
                  --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
                  --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
                  ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
                  The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]

                  Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
                  Name: Willie Emma Blanton
                  [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865

                  Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
                  Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18

                  U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
                  Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
                  Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc

                  >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
                  Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
                  Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama

                  Now it is up to you to prove.

                  Good Luck
                  Sue

                  --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@...> wrote:

                  > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
                  > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
                  > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
                  > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
                  > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
                  > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
                  > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
                  >
                  > Thank you so very much~
                  >
                  > D. Stanford

                • rhodenccc
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                    I stopped using ancestry years ago as well. You can put the name you are searching into Google search and add location and approximate year. You'll be surprised what you can find for free!!!

                    There were Thigpin families in Pitt Co. One connected with my Moore family also of Pitt. They migrated into GA/FL in the 1800s. Whether they connect with yours or not I'm not sure.

                    There is also a Thigpin in the DAR records that descended from Caleb Moore of Pitt and GA. You can obtain those records from the DAR. Just go to their website.

                    I'd also look for a death certificate for Charles Waller Thigpin which would likely give you the place of his birth and parents names. Then you keep going back from there.

                    Good luck. best, Cheryl

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                      Thank you so very much for all of this new information. The only thing I had was my husband's dad, who was Robert Anthony Blanton Jr. His dad was Robert Anthony Blanton Sr and his mom was Willie Emma Thigpen. I didn't have any documentation of Robert Sr and Emma being married. I don't have much info on her family, except her parents Evie May Glass and Charlie W. Thigpen.

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 23, 2012
                        Thank you so much again!!
                        Danielle

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 24, 2012
                          You might also sign up for www.alabamapioneers.com Its a great resource and its free. Cheryl

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                            -----All Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974--

                            Name: Mrs Elvie May Glass Cooley
                            Birth Date: abt 1893
                            Death Date: 8 Nov 1971 Death Place: Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama
                            Death Age: 78 Marital Status: Married Gender: Female
                            Father Name: Walter Glass
                            Spouse Name: E B Cooley
                            FHL Film Number: 2051657

                            Name: Evie Cooley
                            SSN: 422-50-6994 Last Residence: 35094 Leeds, Jefferson, Alabama, United States of America Born: 20 Dec 1892 Died: Nov 1971 State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (1956)

                            I have more
                            Sue

                            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "rootspuzzle" <rootspuzzle@...> wrote:

                            > The contact person has not added any research :::: diamondjim1
                            > Joshua B THIGPEN 1804-1865 md Amelia Milly Allen
                            > --Jason N THIGPEN 1825-1886 md Ann Horton 1821-1901
                            > ----William A THIGPEN 1861-1938 md Nancy E Wilson 1866-1921
                            > ------Charles Waller Thigpen 1889-1935
                            > --------Charles Waller Thigpen 1916-1998 md Helen Powell 1918-2002
                            > --------Willie Emma Thigpen abt 1914-1951 md Robert Anthony BLANTON 1914-1991
                            > ------------Robert BLANTON -2007
                            > The contact person has not added any research:::: Clifford slaughter [has Blanton info]
                            >

                            > Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974
                            > Name: Willie Emma Blanton
                            > [Willie Emma Thigpen] Birth Date: abt 1914 Death Date: 22 Dec 1951 Death Place: Irondale, Jefferson, Alabama Death Age: 37 Gender: Female Father Name: Charlie W Thigpen Mother Name: Evie May Glass FHL Film Number: 1908865
                            >
                            > Web: Birmingham, Alabama, Obituary Index, 1930-1996
                            > Name: Mrs Willie Emma Blanton Publication Date: 24 Dec 1951 Publication Place: Birmingham, Alabama, United States Death Date: Abt 1951 Notes: Edition: Section: Announcements/Deaths Page: 18
                            >
                            > U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
                            > Name: Emma T Blanton Gender: F (Female) Residence Year: 1944 Street Address: W23 24th N apt 12 Residence Place: Birmingham, Alabama Spouse: Robt A Blanton Publication Title: Birmingham, Alabama, City Directory, 1944
                            > Robert a salesman with McKeason-Robbins Inc
                            >

                            > >Name: Charles W. Thigpen Given Name: Charles W. Surname: Thigpen 1 Sex: M Birth: 19 Jun 1855 in Hale County, AL 1 Death: 2 Feb 1935 1 Burial: Hopewell Cemetery, Perry County, Alabama, USA 1 Change Date: 24 May 2004 at 04:23
                            > Father: Jason Thigpen b: Abt 1819 in North Carolina
                            > Mother: Ann Horton b: Abt 1829 in Alabama
                            >

                            > Now it is up to you to prove.
                            >
                            > Good Luck
                            > Sue
                            >

                            > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "bamaangel3395" <bamaangel3395@> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > I am looking for any information on Willie Emma Thigpen from Alabama.
                            > > She is my husband's grandmother and she passed away in 1951. My husband
                            > > was adopted, and he wants to know all about his biological family. The
                            > > only information I have found on her is her father's name was Charlie W.
                            > > Thigpen and her mother's name was Evie May Glass. I don't have the money
                            > > to join ancestry and I don't have a credit card to join for the freee 14
                            > > days, please, can someone help me find the information on his family?
                            > >
                            > > Thank you so very much~
                            > >
                            > > D. Stanford

                          • BamaAngel
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 25, 2012
                              That is the same person I am looking for, if you have any more information, please share it with me.
                              Thank you so very much~
                              Danielle