Re: [genpcncfir] Planning a trip

  • Stuart Perkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2012
      Try the Pitt County Historical Society...

      --
    • Judy N. Lewis

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2012
          archives.ncdr.gov/records.htm

          The first set of records listed at the above address is county records. In this section there is a link for a pdf file that will show you exactly which records are held by the archives for every NC county.

          If you've already searched the deeds I doubt there will be anything helpful for your purposes in Greenville.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2012
            The state archives in Raliegh are definitely on my wish list for a trip. Do call them and check hours and such.

            The courthouse in Pitt burned circa 1858 and many records were lost unless they had also been filed with the state.

            I'm dying to find out what is in a box there with my GX Grandfather'sname on it. He was Caleb Moore son of John, born 1760 in Pitt, died 1815 in Pitt. Cheryl