Re: [genpcncfir] Fw: civil war markers for watauga

  • Barb Lantto
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2012
      And Abraham Lincoln incarcerated about 7000 Northern  sympathizers, including women and babies.

      Most people including Genealogists do not know our own SA  history.My mother did  not know.And she was a Librarian at the University of Willamette and a life time Genealogist. She died not knowing of her Cherokee Herietage. American History has hidden most of our history.Her parents were Native American.In fact, all my grandparents and great grandparents heritage was hidden.

       They liked living.Most were massacred or marched by gun point to the Oklahoma Territory. It is called the Trail of Tears.

      Robert E Lee joined the military .The day he died, all of Virgina and elsewhere hung black on the doorway.He was a loved man.

      Today I help "Lost Cherokee" find thier roots.

      BARB