    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2012
      Hello Group......
      An interesting bit of information that I was unaware of from Adam Tragone re: General Robert E. Lee..... see below:

      April 20, 1861

      Robert E. Lee resigns his commission

      On this day in 1861, the Union lost one of its most able generals when Robert E. Lee resigned his commission. Lee would join the Commonwealth of Virginia and would also command the newly formed Confederacy's Army of Northern Virginia.

      Hope all of you enjoy your weekend.......
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

    • Winack27@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2012
        Jewell,
        Adolph Hitler was b. 20 April 1889---too BAD!

        In a message dated 4/20/2012 4:09:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      • Barb Lantto
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2012
          I knew that. I especially researched General Robert E Lee, We are related.

          His father Henry "Lighthorse Harry" LEE "owned where Washington D C sits, and was put in Federal prison because he refused to pay taxes to the Feds. Native Americans did not pay taxes on their land.The family mansion still sits at the back of Arlington Cemetery  ( Google it)

          Barb
          Granddaughter of ROBERT LEE GORDON.