[genpcfr] Re: [NCLENOIR] Partial Floyd Report & Twins

  • LdMel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 1999
      I am in Wilson, NC and the waters are beginning to go down in some places.
      My family is in Kinston and I have not been able to get there yet. Hwy 264
      from Wilson to Raleigh opened late Friday. A lot of the roads are still
      closed. After the entire town being without electricity for days Greenville
      has power again late this afternoon. It is a make do for now and will have
      to be worked around again later. Tarboro is 50% under water. There has been
      loss of life. I want go into details because they are so sad. This entire
      area of Rocky Mount, Tarboro, Greenville, Wilson, Kinston, Goldsboro, and all
      smaller towns in between has seen what no one has seen before I am told it is
      history. I have also hear stories that you knew only the Lord could have
      done. My entire family is so blessed. The Sheriff of Greene County Lemmie
      Smith and his wife Sue lost their home and everything in it. He was on duty
      the night of the Hurricane and no one was at home to save anything. He gave
      his while helping others. Only 1% of the people had Flood Insurance if that
      much. Please pray for the Smith Family and all the Families in the
      Hurricane. For two days I have taken reports and heard this story over and
      over,"my home and cars are under water and I have no insurance". In NC the
      Homeowners policy does not cover Flood you have to have a separate policy
      which is fairly expensive and no one buys it unless they are in Flood Zone
      and their Mortgage Co. makes them. Since it had never flooded before no one
      thought they needed it is mostly the case. In some places the water
      continues to rise.
      I would like to end with a good note. At 3:15AM and 3:17AM Thursday morning
      as Floyd was pounding upon us our daughter gave birth to twins, a boy and a
      girl. They are all doing great. We could not get to her but talked to her
      off and on all night. My husband and I said we must nick name them Floyd and
      Gert.
      I will give another report tomorrow.
      Linda Melvin