[genpcfr] Emigrant ancester info

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 1999
      Hope you all survived Floyd! I lost an ancient oak tree, but fortunately it
      landed in the street. Power outages still coming and going, but managing to
      check my email this morning. Local residents, please mind the emergency
      policies, and stay off the streets and roads again today!
      Betsy Ross

      Those of you who have gotten your roots back to the first person in the
      colonies will find this/these web pages very interesting! ISTG COMPASS
      <http://istg.rootsweb.com/> This clipped from the last Rootsweb Review...

      "IMMIGRANT SHIPS TRANSCRIBERS GUILD
      CELEBRATES ITS FIRST ANNIVERSARY
      BY OFFERING TO THE GENEALOGICAL COMMUNITY THE
      ISTG COMPASS <http://istg.rootsweb.com/>

      by Patty MacFarlane Prather <Ships07@...>

      As mariners depended on their compass, you can count on this
      special section of the ISTG Web site, which will act as a guide
      for all and make navigating the roots of your family tree a
      little easier. Harriet Rosch, resource coordinator, and her
      crew: Mary Rigali, Sharon Richlen Ballard, Bette Dew, Faith
      Gibson Tegethoff, Jan Mann, Jane Stauff, Kathy Stice, Barbara
      T. Grimm, Pat Lisk, Lynn Faranda, Regina Landis, Pat Becker,
      Penny J. Sabin, Rose Robke, Ruth C. Hakala, Penny Jansen, Deb
      White, and Maia Cowen are to be applauded for this wonderful
      addition to the site. Researching the data included in the ISTG
      Compass took more hours than we can ever imagine. Sheila Jensen
      Tate, production coordinator, also spent countless hours
      designing this Web site.

      The ISTG Compass is a site for young and old alike, with some
      special attention given to young people who are discovering the
      value of studying their ancestors and what they left behind,
      what they endured on the voyage, and how they began to build a
      new life in a new land. Some of the categories designed to help
      in your research are:

      IMMIGRATION & NATURALIZATION BY COUNTRYPORTS & OTHER PLACES OF ENTRY
      ETHNIC AND IMMIGRATION RESOURCES
      MARITIME RESOURCES - MUSEUMS/LIBRARIES
      PASSENGER LIST SITES
      EMIGRANTS -- By Surname EMIGRANTS -- By Group
      SHIPS
      SHIP TYPES & DESCRIPTIONS
      INDIVIDUAL SHIPS WITH THEIR OWN SITES
      SHIPPING LINES
      SHIP IMAGES (These are sites where you may view ship and
      nautical images/photographs/prints/etc.)
      SHIPWRECKS
      BIBLIOGRAPHIES, ARTICLES and MEMOIRS
      MAIL LISTS
      SITES OF GENERAL MARITIME INTEREST
      JUST FOR FUN and MISCELLANEOUS
      VOLUNTEER HELP
      SOME OF OUR EMAIL (A few thank you notes for our first year)
      ACRONYMS and DEFINITIONS -- coming soon."

      <snip>