Descendants of Gov Richard Moore of Bermuda in Beaufort early 1700s

  • rhodenccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2011
      We recently found a possible connection to Gov Moore of Bermuda to our Beaufort/Pitt Moores.

      Our brickwall has been John Moore father of Caleb Moore(dob 1760) who was on the Tar River at Grindles Creek in the early 1700s. We know that this John Moore died in 1815 in Pitt and have the POA from GA for the heirs (date 1821) administrator Moses Moore brother of Caleb.

      Some of the descendants of Gov Moore migrated to Beaufort in the same area of the Tar. It is possible that the father of our John was William Moore who was the son of Samuel. There is a will (undated) but referenced in a deed book for land from William to John.

      I can post additional information if this Moore family rings a bell with anyone. Appreciate any ideas any of you have as to where to look next. We do have the land and tax records and have narrowed our search of the million or so John Moores.

      Thanks in advance for any help. best regards, Cheryl Rhoden
    • rhodenccc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2011
        Updating my previous post. I have now determined that Samuel Moor/Moore married Sarah Moye and they had land on the Tar River/Grindel's Creek adjacent to George Moye's land. They also had a son named John Moore. They were married in 1723 in what was then Beaufort Dist. Samuel's father was William Moore of Princess Ann Co VA.

        John's land was in the same area of the Tar and Grindel's in the same era. I'm attempting to determine if my John Moore was their son John. All leads appreciated. Regards, Cheryl Rhoden --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "rhodenccc" <rhodenccc@...> wrote: