Re: for Charlotte Beck

  • ldmel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011
      I have some questions regarding the Thomas Wiggins families. His wife was Mary Polly Moore born abt 1815. Anyone having information
      I would greatly appreciate it. Living relatives of this line don't have any information and I am helping them. Thanks much,

      God Bless,
      Linda

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 21, 2011
        Debbie,
        You asked - What is the "cousin-smart" program?

        Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software has created this term which describes how they handle duplicate data in your genealogy chart.

        Duplicity occurs when cousins (no matter how distant) marry. The marriage causes the same people to be on two lines of your genealogy chart making a lot of the information to be duplicated.

        Legacy handles these duplicate persons on your chart by putting them in both places on your chart, highlighted in gray boxes. However, the lineage is only continued on one branch from that point on the chart to conserve space. This is Progeny's Cousin Smart option in action, which is called 'pedigree collapse' or 'implexus'.

        Marcia
        My NC McLawhorn research also has this situation. My son's 4th-great-grandfather straight up his paternal line is also his 5th-great-grandfather following up his great-grandmother's line.