This is for Byrd or Bird tree

  • jroyal76
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2011
      I'm looking for information about Sara/Sarah Frances Byrd/Bird. It is said she was full, half, or partial Indian of Chichisha, or Chocktaw. It might be true, or just another ghost. She was married to John E Shelton(1849-1925), and they lived in Oklahoma/Texas area. He died in Whitsett, Texas. Her parents were James Byrd/Bird and Elizabeth Beavers/Bevers. She was also born in Mississippi. Her son Steven S. Shelton was born in 1870 in Fanin County.
    • Barb Lantto
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2011
        HI there

        My great grandfather and his wife were both Byrd's.

        Your rumors may be true. But proving it more difficult.

        What years are we talking about? And location.?

        BARB aka Earthfeather

        I'm looking for information about Sara/Sarah Frances Byrd/Bird. It is said she was full, half, or partial Indian of Chichisha, or Chocktaw. It might be true, or just another ghost. She was married to John E Shelton(1849-1925), and they lived in Oklahoma/Texas area. He died in Whitsett, Texas. Her parents were James Byrd/Bird and Elizabeth Beavers/Bevers. She was also born in Mississippi. Her son Steven S. Shelton was born in 1870 in Fanin County.

        RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:                        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources:   http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir%c2%a0
        Yahoo! Groups Links