MOCAVO Free Genealogy Search Engine

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
      This is worth your time pursuing contents:

      Mocavo <http://www.mocavo.com/> launched yesterday and it's definitely worth a look.

      Quoting from the website:
      "The world's largest free genealogy search engine, Mocavo.com, provides genealogists access to the best free genealogy content on the web including billions of names, dates and places worldwide. Mocavo.com seeks to index and make searchable all of the world's free genealogy information.
      I took a peek today and it's pretty darn good. The search is fast. Results
      lead you directly to the website where the genealogical information is
      found. There's no sneaky trying to keep you in a frame of the original
      website. Websites that snag the visitor in a frame make it so you never
      really know where you are or where you found the information. Mocavo doesn't do that and kudos to the creator(s) for keeping it honest!

      Mocavo is new so the indexing of genealogy data sites is not complete. There is a link where you can suggest a site you think should be included in the search results so that will speed things up once visitors start utilizing that ability.

      I tried a couple of genealogy searches and was impressed with the speed. I'm going to be watching Mocavo closely over the next few weeks to see how it grows. You might want to check it out at http://mocavo.com

      Lorine
      Olive Tree Genealogy
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com

      Jewelle